Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

What irritrates you about Mazda 5?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Default RE: What irritrates you about Mazda 5?

Welcome to our 'happy band' I would pop into the dealership and quiz them about the tyre wear issue. Find out how much they know about it. They may bury their heads and say they know nothing. They may say it was an issue, but it is fixed now, or they may own up to knowing about it and work with you if there is a problem.
Hopefully your dealer will be the latter, nevertheless I would make it clear that you are aware that there is a serious problem with tyre wear on the 5. I would tell them that you are going to keep a close eye on tyre pressures. Ignore the Mazda handbook guide of 32psi, go for about 35-6psi all round for normal day to day use. Monitor the inner edges for wear on a weekly basis. As soon as you notice any wear. Get onto your dealer and MMUK. Log it with MMUK as a formal complaint, also see what your dealer is prepared to do.
If you don't want the hassle of all this, (some might say the qualitiesof the rest of the car make it a trouble worth going through). Walk away before you commit yourself......

Old 09-24-2007, 05:13 PM

Thanks for your reply..
Went today to dealer and said what you said they said they knew about the tyre wear and it was down to a bad batch of tyres (load of bull i think) but said any problems with them in the warrentry time mazda would pay to replace them i said i would keep an eye on pressures and tread only time will tell only do about 6000 miles a year so fingers crossed pick car up the weekend hope it will be a good one and not a friday afternoon car........Told them about the handbrake lever not being leather onfurano models i have seenas well he said didnt know it was stated leather in book (load of bull again i think) said if it say leather in book it should be fitted with a leather one so will see the weekend let you all no how it goes byeeee.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:45 PM

Have you noticed that after a downpour (raining) when you open the rear sliding doors you get a drenched slightly?

Old 09-26-2007, 03:12 PM

The quality of the plastic is cheap feeling and not sturdy for a family/children carrier. This applies to Mazda 5 with 3 seats at the rear. When i pull the seat belt buckle from the holder in the roof the housing comes off as well. :-( Not impressed

Old 10-01-2007, 04:28 PM

Hi all..

Well picked my new 5 up friday and its great but no leather handbrake lever the dealer is going to ring mazda uk up to ask why they an't fitted to the furano models have to see what happens anybody had these replaced with anything eles

Old 10-09-2007, 04:32 PM

1. Second row middle seat too small
2. Driver armrest complete waste of time
3. Cheap plastics. Dodgy looking silver bits
4. No MP3 Socket
5. Computer displays Litres/Miles instead of MPG
6. Rubbish Dealers
7. Expensive servicing
8. Third row seatbelt plastic cover in roof falls off
9. Third row seat not moveable

Old 10-10-2007, 05:26 AM

Agree with number 8. Was embarrasing to see that cover keep falling out when the middle seat belt was in use. After a while it was not funny when it hits the person sitting in the middle seat. Won't sit back in the roof unless you put the belt tongue back into the roof housing

Old 10-10-2007, 09:33 AM

What irritates me is the lack of a 260hp Mazdaspeed5 model with a 6 speed manual transmission!

Other than that, it's pretty good car (wagon) forthe price. And it can be nit picked just like any other car in this price range.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:04 AM

First post but here goes:
1. Noise! Engine (2.0) noise when given a few revs; wind noise at speed and unbelievably bad road noise. This is bad up to about 90ish but above that it is unbearable.
2. The lack of cruise control in the UK.
3. 1 & 2 make it the most tiring car I've ever driven over long distances.
4. No door side armrest in the middle row. I know this has been rectified on new models but it is not worth changing car for an armrest. This makes it very uncomfortable for adults in the middle row when weput the kids in the back
5. The glove box is too big - meaning that unless youmove theseat as far back as it will go there is very little leg room for a front passenger. This, in turn limits room behind. A real pain when you want a brief rest from all the noise mentioned above on a long run!
6. Ipod kit incompatible with standard CD changer. It took four visits to the dealer for them to come to this conclusion.
7. Worrying issues with suspension (new anti-roll bar links at 6k) and tyre wear tend to suggest that the Focus platform is not really up to a vehicle of this size and load capacity.
8. Same as number 8 in mrsimbob's post. Made worse when four year old discovers this and pulls the bloody thing off every time he's in the back row.

BUT........ the seat layout and sliding doors make it the most useful car we've ever owned.

Old 07-24-2008, 12:36 PM

[ol][*]No Diesel option in U.S.[*]12V Accessory plug turns off when keys removed (can no longer charge cell phone at night).[*]No power sliding door option in the U.S.[*]No power seat option in the U.S.[*]Heated seat is a butt warmer only(all other cars have heat on the lumbar of the back).[*]Poor rear air circulation[/ol]
Dont get me wrong, I love my 5. One of the most economical 6 passenger vehicles out there.

Ron
08 Grand Touring

Quick Reply: What irritrates you about Mazda 5?