Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Trans shifting problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2024, 08:50 AM
Default Trans shifting problem

Advise please for 2006 Mazda5 sport 4 speed automatic trans before dropping the trans oil pan , sitting for more than a year my brother ask if he could used the car but after three days car is towed to the house , he said the car wont’ start , then next day i tried to start the car, car start but notice battery warning light is on. So i drove the car to O’Reilly to check alternator and battery , i was surprised he said both of them is good but there was a voltage drop that they can’t pinpoint’s, upon going home notice the acceleration is poor , slow , and notice delays shifting through gears , when I reversing the car it just released the gear then sudden bite to the gear reversed but wont stay on reverse strong kick to the transmisión , but car can go forward driving with a delayed shifty , after that ,i check fluid condition not contaminated and level is in correct level at while the fluid is still hot but notice , a dent in the pan thats why i need to replace the oil pan . And my brother said the dent i coz he forgot to take out the hunger Stand after he did an oil change , is other parts to consider checking and fixing or replacing.

Old 04-04-2024, 10:43 AM

Welcome to the forum

It reads like a few problems going on? So need to start over.

Miles on Mazda
Last service done and what were they?
When if ever was the transmission serviced?
How long has the present battery been in the Mazda aprox?
Did anyone check the ECU for any current, pending and or permanent DTC's?
Did anyone check the status of the monitors? You are in CA so your MAZDA will need a new smog test very soon if not required now. The monitors must be in readiness, or you will not pass. I am pretty suie your year you can not have any negative, but can no longer access my CA BAR Account to see what the if any the allowances are for your year Mazda. I did not re-certify to perform CA testing last year.