Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Storage box within middle row seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:02 AM
Default Storage box within middle row seat

Hi, does anyone know whether the 2008MY 5 seat storage fits a pre-2008 MY car? I have the middle seat within its neighbour on one side, but nothing in the seat on the opposite side of the car. Thanks!

Old 08-30-2009, 08:44 AM

All I can say is on my Mazda 5 2008 sport is that I removed the storage/cargo net container by undoing the long M6 bolt (10mm spanners) after lifting up right rear passenger seat. If you see that you have the hinge bracket under your similar seat you just need the box. If not you will need to 'rob' a broken/scrap 2008 mazda 5 of the whole right rear seat including the fold away netted box. I could get a picture here in time if you wish. I removed because it saved some weight and freed up better storage under that seat in my case. Big enough to store a laptop etc.

Old 02-09-2020, 06:24 AM
Default Storage / seat 2nd row Mazda 5

Hello there looking to get a Mazda 5, in the uk it is a 7 seater as the 2nd row we have a fold up seat in other countries this is a storage compartment that folds out. I would rather have it just two seats but we have the seat where it twists and hangs sideways which is silly and you can’t get to the back. I was asking if anyone knows if this centre ‘seat’ can be unattached to the seat.

Old 02-10-2020, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by DefGef77
Hello there looking to get a Mazda 5, in the uk it is a 7 seater as the 2nd row we have a fold up seat in other countries this is a storage compartment that folds out. I would rather have it just two seats but we have the seat where it twists and hangs sideways which is silly and you can’t get to the back. I was asking if anyone knows if this centre ‘seat’ can be unattached to the seat.
Can't answer your question, but avoid the 2.0 Sport diesel particularly with the 17" alloys. Horrid tyre wear. Get a non "Sport" model where Mazda didn't f up the suspension geometry. Whatever you buy check the tyre wear, all across the tyre, particularly inside edge (the bit that's hardest to see). If dealer/seller has just put new tyres on, be especially suspicious. HTH.

Old 05-10-2022, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by ChalkyWhite
Can't answer your question, but avoid the 2.0 Sport diesel particularly with the 17" alloys. Horrid tyre wear. Get a non "Sport" model where Mazda didn't f up the suspension geometry. Whatever you buy check the tyre wear, all across the tyre, particularly inside edge (the bit that's hardest to see). If dealer/seller has just put new tyres on, be especially suspicious. HTH.

Hi just wondering did u find out if u can remove the middle seat in your Mazda 5?

Old 08-24-2022, 07:35 AM

I would rather have it just two seats but we have the seat where it twists and hangs sideways which is silly and you can’t get to the back. I was asking if anyone knows if this centre ‘seat’ can be unattached to the seat.

Last edited by marcomurabia; 08-24-2022 at 09:04 AM.