Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Pulstar Spartplugs

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 09:27 AM
Default Pulstar Spartplugs

Has anyone tried pulstar spark plugs in their 5? They claim to increase your mileage by 10%, but I am hesitant to buy a product based on the manufacturer claims. (http://pulstar.com/)

I like the numbers +10% would pay for the plugs (at $25 each) within a year or so IF they work.

Anyone here try them? What kind of results did you get?

Thx.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Default RE: Pulstar Spartplugs

It is pretty safe to assume that if the Pulstar plugs really produced extra mileage and power, Mazda would have put them in our engines. Given the millions of dollars that auto companies spend these days to improve power and fuel economy, if it was so simple to just pop in a different style of plugs, they would do it in a heart beat.

Old 01-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Default RE: Pulstar Spartplugs

I agree with you toa point, however, at the extra cost, that would drive up the final sale price by around $100 - sure that isnt much, but when you add up all the other little improvements they could add, in the end it would really boost the MSRP, so with that in mind, I dont agree that mazda not using them, makes them not worth while. You could then use the same arguement to say that this is why Mazda does not put in K&N filters - lots of people seem to swear by these for increasing mileage and power, but yet, they are still not in the stock cars... an improvement that would again drive the price up.