Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

New Mazda 5

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 03:51 PM
Thumbs up New Mazda 5

Got my new Mazda 5 sport, 1.6, yesterday. Love the car. Fantastic leather seats, awesome slidy doors and the new built in Tom Tom sat nav that i can connect to my iphone. All in all very very impressed.

Just two things urk me, but it does not take anyhting away from what is a bloofy brilliant car.

Number one - Using the key fob to open slidy doors only the nearside opens. Yes, the electrics are switched on and the door switch on both doors are in the same place. Both doors operate on electrics when using switches and handles. Fault? If ot is I'll get it fixed sometime.

Number two - on the iphone video playback i cannot get the video togo full screen. I have pressed the right button on the screen to no effect? Fault? or video format - yes it is a digital copy off itunes.

Happy Motoring

Very happy Mazda 5 owner

Old 11-26-2011, 06:03 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the new wheels!!
Where do you live that your 5 came w/a 1.6L? In the States, ours only comes with a 2.5L. Not to rain on your parade, but a 1.6 sounds a bit underpowered for the size/weight of the car?

As for the problems, I would first read the manual to make sure you are not doing something that can be reversed or corrected. If that doesn't satisfy, then take it in and see if there's a problem.. or two.

Old 11-26-2011, 06:52 PM

Is the 1.6 liter a diesel by chance? and if so what is the MPG rated at?

Old 11-27-2011, 01:01 PM

Only the passenger door will open remotely, it's a safety thing evidently. Don't know about the video thing.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:05 PM

Sometimes my electronic key fails to open any passenger doors. I then click it one or two more times and all doors then unlock.