Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

How to polish the black-matte parts on the exterior…

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 05:38 PM
Default How to polish the black-matte parts on the exterior…

Greetings Mazda fans! My 2012 5GT just passed the two-month and 1,000 mile mark. In an effort to keep it nice and shiny I decided to polish it…weather was perfect for this today. It’s been years since I owned a car that had matte-finish black elements. During my polishing job I got some polish on some of those parts. Obviously it doesn’t look good. I tried and tried to rub the residual white from the black strips on the roof and the chin of the front spoiler. Not real successful.

I’ll keep working on those areas.

My question is …what do you use on those matte-finish parts of the car? I recall back in prehistoric times there was a product called Black Chrome. Although chrome is shiny, not dull.

Any information or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

An update on other stuff…

I just got my 3rd tank-full and with a little interstate driving I reached 27.8 MPG. I really think I’ll get 30+ in heavy interstate driving.

I also got a cargo cover and love it. It gives me a trunk-like hiding area. I considered window-tinting (looks cool), but am a bit shy about having it done. I’ve read too many horror stories. So, the cargo cover suffices.

BTW…I couldn’t be happier with my 5. I traded a 2005 PT GT convertible (that I had for 1 year) for it and I don’t miss the rituals a turbo requires. Warm-up, cool-down, make-up filters, premium gas, etc.