Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Air Con Blowing freezing cold...unless I rev the engine!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Default Air Con Blowing freezing cold...unless I rev the engine!

Hi Room,
I have owned for the last 3 years a Mazda 5 Sport 2.0l (06), I currently have several issues with my Mazda but to start with this is the first one that I am hoping the room can help me with;
The air conditioning in the cabin blows freezing cold even when the engine is hot and the temperature gauge is set to 28C, if I rev the engine then I get a flurry of hot air, once I stop revving the temperature goes back to being freezing cold.
About 1 year ago the engine blew up on the M42, the engine was replaced and the day after it was replaced I noticed the air conditioning showing symptoms as described above. Then we went for a drive and when on the M42 the engine broke again, the mechanic said that the pipe taking the water into the engine had a leak and this had caused the engine to overheat...I am not a mechanic but I think he said the head gasket blew.
I am scared to drive the car in case this happen again as the symptoms are the same, where should I look to find this water leak and is there anything else I should check?
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks,
Iain

Old 05-01-2011, 01:14 PM

I have just looked under the engine and there is a large pipe (1.5" wide)that comes from the raditor into the engine (not quite sure where is goes to) this pipe is dripping with water....hope this helps someone clarify this issue.

Old 05-06-2011, 03:33 PM

Don't drive the car. Your coolant level has dropped which means there isn't enough water in the system to heat the interior. If you drive it you will damage the engine.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the reply Nick.

I took the car to the garage and they identified that the pipe coming from the radiator had a hole in it. They replaced the pipe and topped the coolant up, it all seem to be working ok now so hopefully it all fixed now

It ost £70 to fix it, the pipe was quite cheap but it took the 1hr to diagnose and fit the pipe,

Cheers,

Iain

Old 05-08-2011, 01:30 PM

Glad you're mobile again. It's often the first symptom of coolant loss if the heater blows cold.