2012 Mazda 5 Sport AT - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

Old 04-12-2018, 06:08 PM

Default 2012 Mazda 5 Sport AT

Need help with this crazy problem. 2012 Mazda 5 Sport with AT. Wife's car. Problem started in January, car completely died and all power lost. The radio even said "goodbye" She pulled off and restarted and everything was fine .Happened a few more times and then it would randomly accelerate for no reason and rev between 3 and 4k. CEL, AT, and TCS lights came on. She would have to keep foot on brake to keep it from going crazy. I read a few threads and saw that the crank sensor and cam sensor could be culprits. Replaced to no avail. Happened again and CEL stayed on code P0606. The dreaded ECM code. Took to a dealer. They recommended tran flush, oil change, tune up, induction cleaning, and said battery failed a bunch of tests. Estimate of over 1000. Had them flush trans. Did oil, tune up, cleaning and battery myself. Still same issues plus completely dying when shifting from park to drive/reverse and drive to park. Another mechanic diagnosed ECM failure. Bought rebuilt ECM and took to different dealer to install and program. When finished, still same issues. Took to a 3rd shop and after 500 for a sticking throttle, coolant temp sensor, coolant flush, and another cleaning still same issues and code. I am now at a loss and ready to get rid of the car. Any thoughts, suggestions on this? I feel it has to be something other than the ECM at this point.