Mazda5 This new sport van from Mazda offers the interior size and usefulness of a minivan with the feel and spirit of a sport compact.

2009 Mazda 5 Grand Touring

Old 09-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Default 2009 Mazda 5 Grand Touring

Greetings! I just bought a 2009 Mazda 5 Grand Touring. I have a question about bluetooth. I searched the forum first and could not come up with an answer. My question is this. There is a button on the steering wheel that looks like a phone activation button. There is also a button on the radio housing. But when pressing either of those, nothing happens. Does that mean my particular car does not have these features, or that the feature is simply not working? Has anyone ever experienced this? TYIA

Old 02-14-2018, 10:50 PM

I just bought 2012 grand touring also, I have the same buttons, looks like they answer and disconnect phone calls, I downloaded the manual from mazda directly cause my car didn't come with manual, hopefully I can figure that out from there, did you have any luck?

Old 06-15-2018, 01:01 PM

I had the Bluetooth just die on me like that, you could fix it by resetting it but I'm having a hard time finding an answer for Mazda 5 the cx5 keeps showing up on google so annoying, they named their models so close together.

This is what I found online, but I can't figure if you reconnect the battery and do the headlight and brake procedure of keep it disconnected and do it:

Make sure this is a factory Mazda BT system and not aftermarket. If the steering wheel talk button does not work and no prompts are spoken, then you need to start by disconnecting the battery. Turn the headlamps on and hold your foot on the brake pedal for 1 minute. This will reset the module. Reconnect the battery and see if the BT button or talk button will work.
If still not working, you will need to remove the glove box and inspect the BT module connections. I have see a few of these modules go faulty.

I also suggest checking all your fuses and make sure there are no aftermarket accessories added to the vehicle.

Below is a couple of TSB's that may relate to your concern. You may still have warranty on this vehicle and it may be covered if you are under 3 yr 36k miles. One is actually a recall. I suggest calling a Mazda dealer with your vin# to see if you still have warranty and to check for open recalls.