Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

XM in Mazda

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Default XM in Mazda

Anyone know if the Sirius hookup in Mazdas are compatible with XM as well?

THANKS!

Old 06-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: XM in Mazda

They're not. The OEM hookup for the sirius is only compatible with the Mazda sirius unit, so it's not like you can just use any sirius unit.

You can however get a little standalone XM unit (with separate controls/screen, etc.) and run the audio in through either a PIE unit, or an auxmod basic.

Old 06-27-2006, 10:51 PM

Thanks.

Actually, I just ordered the XM Roady from Crutchfield. It's $60 and there's a $20 rebate, making it $40. Hard to beat that!

Old 06-28-2006, 01:02 AM

hey, dude, i live like 30 minutes from both of the crutchfield stores, the places are awesome and always have great prices!!

Old 06-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks.

Actually, I just ordered the XM Roady from Crutchfield. It's $60 and there's a $20 rebate, making it $40. Hard to beat that!
Check out my post here for a list of aux inputs. You just need a line in, so either the auxmod basic, or the PIE would be ideal for you. PIE uses RCA inputs, and AuxMod uses 3.5mm inputs, so depending on which the roady has just get whichever matches so you don't need an adaptor unless you have to use one. PIE is also more expensive.

hey, dude, i live like 30 minutes from both of the crutchfield stores, the places are awesome and always have great prices!!
Yeah, isn't that nice. I was in Charlottesville for four years and had nice convenient access. Got my TV there for 1/3 off because it had a scratch on the side of the case.

Old 07-01-2006, 10:29 PM

The Roady xt has a built-in FM transmitter. Being that I never listen to FM radio, I just unscrewed my antenna to alleviate interference and it's been working great!

Thanks for the help though!
I saw your Aux. In list. Any list of Aux outs for the factory stereo or no?

Old 07-02-2006, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Galv22

The Roady xt has a built-in FM transmitter. Being that I never listen to FM radio, I just unscrewed my antenna to alleviate interference and it's been working great!

Thanks for the help though!
I saw your Aux. In list. Any list of Aux outs for the factory stereo or no?
I used a FM transmitter for awhile and while it was okay the aux mod is much better. I suppose without the whip plugged in you'd probably not pick up as many other signals. Hope it keeps working out for you.

The stock HU doesn't have any outputs besides the speaker wires. What are you trying to output to?

Also as an update there's now a cable for the PIE that's 3.5mm instead of RCA. I've updated my list to reflect that. If you were to run through a PIE you'd at least get to hit the "SAT" button on the stereo to play the XM.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:32 AM

So does this mean that you can tie an xm receiver directly to the OEM headunit but the receiver has to have the ability to provide the text output since the OEM unit can only do so for the sirius system?

In other words, XM does not have a receiver that can take advantage of using the OEM to switch stations etc.