Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Wrecked! (not too badly tho)

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Default Wrecked! (not too badly tho)

It's definitely fixable. To be honest, all I think it needs is two new wheels, tires, and hubcaps (like I care about the hubcaps lol).

But I'm gonna take it in anyway to see if there might be something broken internally I don't know about.

I was driving down a feeder road of a busy freeway here in Austin (Hey Rich... it was Ben White FYI) in the middle of three lanes. Someone pulled out of a parking lot blindly in front of me. I didn't have enough room to stop so I swerved to the left lane to miss the guy. In turn I lost all control of the car and slammed my two driver side wheels into the curbside in the process of turning the wheel left and right from having to correct the control loss.

In turn the body sustained no damage but the car wobbles like crazy when you drive it now. You can't see much in the pictures but I jacked the car up when I got home (luckily I live right down the road from where it happened so I didn't have to drive far) and the only things that seemed weird were that the wheels were bent. I can't drive it over 40 mph though... or the ride is just too wobbly and rough.

Here are the pictures...

Old 06-01-2009, 08:39 AM

your having just as much luck as me with yer car. holy

Old 06-01-2009, 12:37 PM

So I got the damage estimate:

Two new wheels, two new hubs, two new wheel bearings, and a new front strut.

Estmated cost: ~$1700

Old 06-01-2009, 03:52 PM

damn that sucks! yah i got my mazdaspeed3 just under a year ago, and 2 people hit me within that ammount of time.... the first, a truck backed up into my hood at a gas station ($1500), and the second time a guy burnt out taking a U-Turn into the side of my car... haha! it was funny once you get over the fact that my car was out of commission for a couple months ($5200)

PIC: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=9858910

Beautiful... haha

Old 06-01-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Kemick10
damn that sucks! yah i got my mazdaspeed3 just under a year ago, and 2 people hit me within that ammount of time.... the first, a truck backed up into my hood at a gas station ($1500), and the second time a guy burnt out taking a U-Turn into the side of my car... haha! it was funny once you get over the fact that my car was out of commission for a couple months ($5200)

PIC: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...mageID=9858910

Beautiful... haha
private profile, can't see lol

Old 06-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah. Guess what? Automotive repairs cost an arm and a leg these days... and these are supposed to be throw-away cars, so that they save the passengers and not the car itself!!!
Sorry to hear that Gary. As a matter of fact, I was just there myself last night (on MLK via 969 anyway. That's pretty far south for me these days.)

Old 06-01-2009, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by virgin1

Yeah. Guess what? Automotive repairs cost an arm and a leg these days... and these are supposed to be throw-away cars, so that they save the passengers and not the car itself!!!
Sorry to hear that Gary. As a matter of fact, I was just there myself last night (on MLK via 969 anyway. That's pretty far south for me these days.)

It's actually not too bad of a cost considering what all is getting replaced. A lot of it is labor. The parts cost itself is actually just under $1000.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:11 PM
VB

Originally Posted by Kemick10
ait should be good! and i cant figure out how to post pics from photobucket...
Here's whatcha do:

1. Copy the "direct link" url from your Photobucket page (like I've done in this picture). Name:  Picture1-2.png
Views: 133
Size:  642.1 KB

2. When you're posting, click on the little icon that has a .gif of a mountain, and it'll ask you for the URL of the picture you want to insert.

3. Paste that URL into the line and hit enter, and you're good to go.

Alternatively, just type the [IMG][/IMG] tags manually, since that's what the button is doing for you in reality. The forum software will take care of the rest, like this:

Old 06-02-2009, 04:10 PM

I like the beer pic after those. Kinda gets you thinking that it's the next best thing to do after seeing a tragedy like that

Old 06-03-2009, 11:10 PM

ahhh man see rich im not the only one who is havin bad luck with the 3

Quick Reply: Wrecked! (not too badly tho)