Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Winter Tires - Has anybody switched over

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:41 PM
Default Winter Tires - Has anybody switched over

Opened a new thread on this, as the other one is quite full.

Anyways. With much inner debate as to where I was going to get my winter rubber. Dealer = No. Did not have good tires. Tire rack = No. By the time shipping, duties and time were factored, almost, but no...

Ended up taking it to Green & Ross. (Canadian) Put on some Blizzac Revo1's. They seem ok so far. I switched down a size and got the 195 65R15's. (Orig 16's) Looked ok until I put on the 35 dollar hubcaps. Now they are "gay".[:-] (No offence to anyone, of course)

Might just run with the black rims.

Paid 888 for rims/tires/balance/install/taxes and a smile. Not too bad. The Rack wanted 800 or so. So, I think I did o.k.

As James will know, it snowed today. Now, not enough to stick to the ground but my Toyo's were not that great. So, today was the day.

Anyone else, yet?

Old 11-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Default RE: Winter Tires - Has anybody switched over

Put the Wintersports (205/50R17) on my wife's car about 3 weeks ago. 3rd season on these and they are still in terrific shape. Saw a couple flakes of the white stuff this morning.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:43 AM

grrrrrrrrrr it snowed and supposedly freezing rain. well im keepin my all seasons on my car this year. and then next year invest in some snows. i was slippin around a little bit but for the most part my toyos actually did half decent. anyway im off to work later

Old 11-16-2007, 04:05 PM

I switched to winter tires last week, got bfGoogrich winter slaloms 205/55/16 with black rims for about $810 (CAD), so far so good they seem quieter than my stock tires. I do miss my mags

Old 11-16-2007, 05:49 PM

I've had nothing but bad luck with my Revo 1's. Had them installed. Day later, took back for rebalance. Tire went flat on the highway 30 minutes after that. Had them put on a new tire and rebalance. Still was not that smooth. Took it to another tire place with a Hunter Balance machine (Same one thetirerack uses) and they found my 2 front rims were still out by 1/2 ounce and bent. New rims slightly bent.

So, the mission continues. Should have went to the dealer.

Damn.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:27 PM

basically im leaving my toyos on as they are all season. thoiugh i am worried because its canada and the winter sucks here. but hurray for drifting. however i will be rotating my tires before winter starts

Old 11-16-2007, 07:59 PM

Snow Tires???? [sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 PM

yeaa. SNOOOOOOOOW. you live in flordia reigon (im assuming because of your pictures of your truck beside those houses you would see in florida). snow sucks especially on the cars. you go to dominican and they got trucks that are 25 years old and still run awesome and have no rust. why.. no salt on the roads.. which is why rust is huge in cars driving in Canada or northern states. however all seasons work well IMO in the winter. when i had about a few inches of snow here i tested out my car and it did quite well.

Old 11-16-2007, 09:45 PM

sorry TEN.

Old 11-17-2007, 06:46 AM

Actually, that is were I go on Vacation, and it is in Florida, Good guess Jamie.
I live in East Tennessee, we do get a little snow, but when it is snowing I don't work. Next day it is gone [8D]
But the All Season Tires do fine around here [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Winter Tires - Has anybody switched over