Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

White Bumper Reflectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 02:02 AM
Default White Bumper Reflectors

i'm so pissed right now, I parked my car AWAY from everyone while i was at work since i don't like parking it anywhere and i come back and someone side-swiped my bumper and left me with a broken reflector and a dented bumper!!!

not only that, but i have a ding on my driver side door

Insurance is only 1000 dollars deductable and i haven't gotten a quote on anything, I'm wondering if I should repair the rearbumper or get a new bumper and get new tail lights. I'm thinkin about getting white reflector tail lights and I can't find them on japan parts or anything. Anyway if you guys can help me that would be great -i'm already stressed as is.

I was wondering if i should justget the mazda 3 rear valence as well.

thanks in advance

Old 04-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Default RE: White Bumper Reflectors

Sorry to hear that. my gut feeling is someone did it deliberately......is there a security camera in the parking lot? maybe you should report it.
________
Vaporizer video

Last edited by wineye; 09-15-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 10:10 AM

I wish there was a camera but it is a plaza and haven't heard of cameras being there since i've been working there for 2 years.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:56 AM

i found the clear reflectors

now i just need opinions

Old 04-21-2008, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

I like them on some colors, but on others they look silly, imo. I taped my rear-sides w/white reflector tape for under $2. Since my car is white too it works out very well and is much cheaper than the clear ones, which would look more gray than white against the white car.
What color isyour car?

The other consideration is legality. Here in Texas, I am required to have 2 red reflectors on the rear of the vehicle, so I left the ones on the black part of the bumperstock red. But there are no laws concerning the sides.
BUT, I grew up in Pa. where ANY changes from OE can cause the inspector to fail the car... and for a short time, I worked for the strictest inspector I know. If it wasn't as itcame from the factory, you didn't get the sticker.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:34 PM

it's a black car and i Live in san jose, ca

Old 04-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator

A black 3, withweak A/C in southern Ca?? You're a better man that I am, dude. I have a white3 in Texas and I sweat w/the A/C on MAX in the summer sun.

OK, so, I think it could look good w/clear reflectors... certainly better than the white ones I did on mine. The question you need to ask yourself is, do I really want that much contrast? Can I live w/a black car and clear/gray(/white) looking reflectors?

If the answer is yes to those questions, you've made up your own mind. W/a black car, imo it's more of a personal choice/statement than will it look good to others. Some are liable to like the look while others will diss it. I have that problem w/mine too btw, but I like it and that's what really matters in the end. 'Sides, in my own experience more ppl have said they liked it and it was a good idea than those that have not liked it.

Just my .02.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:39 PM

yea, i know what you mean about the A/C, although it actually gets really cold over here. I've been in texas and damn its humid but at the same time it's fun to be there since all my cousins live there.

I like the black/white look but im also thinkin about it cause im getting blackmultispoke 18 or 19" rims that have a chrome lip. i'm painting my calipers red and some of my engine internals will be red. so im thinking about keeping it but i think i'll buy them and see how it looks. There aren't alot of fixed up mazda 3's here in san jose (sorry to correct but its near San francisco so its norcal) and so i was thinking just fix the exterior instead of boosting my carand just win the "race" through MPG instead of burning the **** outta my tank haha.

these are all the mods im going for.

All prices are estimated
CLIFFORD Matrix RSX 3.5 - 200
30/5 Tint - 200
Pedals - 120
TWM Shortshifter + boots + **** = 300
Homelink - 180
Interior maplight/dome/lightButton LED Lights - 40
Short Antenna - 10
Okole Neoprene Seats - 550
hood shocks - 70
clear side reflectors - 84
Black multispoke rims - budget 1400
Injen CAI - 300
MagnaFlow Exhaust 2.25" (convert to 3.5-4" tip) - 600 ( heard from mzdamike because of droning)
Tein basic Coil overs - 1000
Rotors - 400
DDM 55watt HID 6k + LTW -320
Demon Eyes - 150
Apexcone HID 6k - Fog Lights - 270
Vibrant Strut Bar - 80
Sway Bars rear/front - 500
and then a trunk brace.
*QUESTIONING* Mazda 3 5 door Euro tail lights - 300

Old 04-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator

Ooooo Noes!!! Not the chrome/polished lip!!!
A black car handles black rims better than most others do, imo.One of the few "colors" I actually like black rims on.But the polished lip is soooo last year... and this coming for a (nearly) 51 yr old.

Also, what is it w/this younger generation? All you guys seem to think about is black, white and gray. There are other colors in the world that are less value and more interesting in many cases than those.
I get **** for having blue caliper and rotors and red caps and badges, but to me, it breaks up the stark white of the car itself.

OK, I'm done ranting now....

Also, the TWM ***** are all machined metal and cost +/-$100 ea. Can you deal w/a metal shift **** when the weather turns cold? That's the main reason I didn't go for one... that and I had a Hurst T-bar back in the day that froze my hand.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:24 PM

i really like the look of it but im still deciding if it i want the superleggara or some 5-zigen or enkei or the list goes on lol

the polished lip is a maybe because of the brand names above.

Quick Reply: White Bumper Reflectors