Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

What you guys think about this CAI?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 11:45 AM
Default What you guys think about this CAI?

What you guys think about this CAI?
Its running for $80.00 with shpping on Ebay.
Im trying to get feedback before I make the purchase.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: What you guys think about this CAI?

The price is right, but...? They've been selling these things for several years now.I wouldn't, and didn't trust it.
[sm=forgetit.gif] That's my opinion. Wait 'til you can afford one of better proven and tested quality.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:27 PM

what he said.
Ebay stuff arent tested much, if any.
for an extra $120 ish, you can get a Fujita CAI, which is starting to become a very popular brand around here.
ive hed mine since april/may ish, and ive had Zero problems with it.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:28 PM

looks good to me

Old 01-28-2008, 11:40 PM

what u pay for is what your going to get

Old 02-01-2008, 02:03 AM

I agree with everyone else, CARLO...

I bought a CAI kit for my Civic a few years ago off ebay for only $45. It was a no-name brand with no instructions and basic hardware and finish.While itDID dothe job, it wasn't a perfect "like a glove" fit and lacked the feeling of quality that is somewhat important when you're talkin aboutthe air pipe your car uses to breathe. While I loved it at the time and didn't consider it a bad purchase, if I had to do it all over again I would've saved up the extra dough and gotten a top namebrand one, or at least something you hear about around forums like these. If you can't afford a nice one, and really want to get it, then get it, but beware you get what you pay for and if you don't know how to install it or aren't good at improvising if you come across a fit issue, you're outta luck or stuck with a crappy product. I wouldn't trust em, personally...

Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 AM

i agree, you need to go with something that has been proven and tested. K&N for one.. eveyrone has a k&n.. so you probably wouldnt go wrong with that one.. i havent done much research on the intakes yet for these cars. That will be the first big investment, but i'll be sure to look through the forums and ask questions before i do purchase one. Save for the better, you'll be happier in the long run, with less issues.. be wearing of CEL's.. hehe.. i know intakes love to kick those off.

Old 02-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Chris,
You'll get much more form an intake if you do an exhaust first... or at thesame time.
As I've said many timesnow, how can the engine breath in better if it can't exhale better too?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:09 PM

an aftermarket exhaust system is not neccessary to notice improvements in performance offered from a cold air intake. the aem cai was my first modification to my 3 wagon and i was pleased with the results.

my advice to you would be to save up some extra money and purchase a well-tested and reliable brand cai (aem, k&n, injen).

you will definitely want a synthetic air filter for your intake as well. the oil filters are prone to causing a cel due to oil contamination.

good luck.

Old 02-05-2008, 11:36 AM

if its the Bomz intake it will perform just as good as the injen or any other top brand only thing i recommend is maybe changing the filter...... there filters arent that great. but that intake is an exact copy of AEM or Injen i forgot which one.