Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   What happens to a mazda when you hit a big deer (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/what-happens-mazda-when-you-hit-big-deer-4603/)

Quadfather 08-29-2006 02:46 PM

What happens to a mazda when you hit a big deer

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7434
I hit a huge buck at 100k, its head smashed through the drivers side window hitting me in the head breaking off its 4 point rack and the rack landing in my lap. I have more pics some are very graphic of the deer.

AlyssaC 08-29-2006 03:27 PM

RE: What happens to a mazda when you hit a big deer

I wanna see the gruesome pics! That thing messed your 3 up good. Ouch!

Quadfather 08-29-2006 03:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
quite lucky my wife was in the passenger seat and my son who is 6'2" in the back seat, we all walked away without a scratch "well I had a cut in my left ear from the antlers", cops drove us home. I now have the Mazda 6. The following picture (s) may offend some people and I do apologize now if you were. If a moderator blocks them I do understand. I have a picture of the car before as well
Attachment 7430
Attachment 7431
Attachment 7432
Attachment 7433

mazda guy 08-29-2006 05:36 PM

wow. it looks like you hit a semi!

esloyer 08-29-2006 05:58 PM

wow, what does the insurance company have to say?

Quadfather 08-29-2006 06:18 PM

I had replacement coverage with my insurance company. I faxed them the original bill of sale and they sent me a cheque for the exact bottom line. They even covered the bill for my tint, blood stained clothes, glass covered clothes with no problems, I was in a new Mazda 6 within a week. I had a rental car supplied by the insurance as well. My premiums didn't move at all.

steve13 08-29-2006 07:10 PM

That's insane. Glad that all of you are ok though. On a side note, what insurance company are you with? That sounds like awesome customer service.

Quadfather 08-29-2006 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm with Pilot here in Ontario, I was returning my rental and almost hit a smaller deer that ran in front of me, thankfully missed her, this is what I would have wrecked that time
Attachment 7429[sm=smiley19.gif]

Lupae3s 08-29-2006 07:32 PM

wow thats some scary stuff. from the looks of things your lucky no one was badly hurt. good luck getting everything fixed up.

Lev 08-30-2006 04:12 PM

The poor car! Its such a beatiful thing and it had to get wrecked. The deer deserved it not the car.

S1CkM6 09-02-2006 12:00 AM

WoW! What a mess. Poor 3... That's a good looking dear though, lol!! Let me stop

Tracker 09-02-2006 03:23 AM

no plz continue the deer deserved it

Benzo666 10-15-2006 12:26 AM

yeah my buddy hit a deer aswell bout 3 weeks ago in his 3 , they says its $9100 in damage

dentinger 10-19-2006 11:55 PM

way back in the day my dad hit a horse....some dumb chick was riding it across a minor highway near here (the limit is only 80)....oh, and he was driving a '70 chevelle.....and according to him, it was pretty gruesome as well....the horse and the car was toast....i think the chick ended up going to the hospital tho....cant remember

trixter3d 11-14-2006 05:16 AM

i should hit a dear and get a mazdaspeed3...joking

iflyducati 11-15-2006 08:14 AM

Well at least the safety features worked. Sorry to see the damage but glad everyone was OK.

zoom_craigy_zoom 12-05-2006 10:27 PM

All jokes aside, I am glad that you and your passengers were ok.

stoavio 12-06-2006 04:44 PM

[removed]

sin6racer 12-06-2006 06:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Quadfather

I had replacement coverage with my insurance company. I faxed them the original bill of sale and they sent me a cheque for the exact bottom line. They even covered the bill for my tint, blood stained clothes, glass covered clothes with no problems, I was in a new Mazda 6 within a week. I had a rental car supplied by the insurance as well. My premiums didn't move at all.
DUDE wut kinda insurnace do u use? and how much r your premiums?
cus i know most (including my) coverage only gives u a check for the depriciated value, not a new car. NEVERMIND A NEW mazda6

btw wut kinda 6 did u get? im guessin base model?... [>:]

VanSin23 12-06-2006 11:21 PM

OOOOhhhh deeeeerrrrr..........j/k.....glad everyone was ok.....

Mazda3Chic 12-07-2006 03:24 PM

That dam deer tore it up good....My boyfriend sent me a link to look at some pictures of a chick that was 19 from Nebraska...She just bought a new poorch and went 100k, then she hit a honda civic, which didn't have to much damage as I thought it would, but the poor 19 year old girl rolled her car right into a a toll booth and killed herself...The accident took her face right off..They showed pictures of it all....It was pretty interesting..I know gross

zoom_craigy_zoom 12-07-2006 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Mazda3Chic

That dam deer tore it up good....My boyfriend sent me a link to look at some pictures of a chick that was 19 from Nebraska...She just bought a new poorch and went 100k, then she hit a honda civic, which didn't have to much damage as I thought it would, but the poor 19 year old girl rolled her car right into a a toll booth and killed herself...The accident took her face right off..They showed pictures of it all....It was pretty interesting..I know gross
I saw this post too. The pictures made you really realize the power of vehicles, and how careful you really have to be, and respect the rules of the road and the power of a vehicle. Her face/head/brains were obliterated, as shown in the photos.