Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   What happens to a mazda when you hit a big deer (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/what-happens-mazda-when-you-hit-big-deer-4603/)

Quadfather 08-29-2006 02:46 PM

What happens to a mazda when you hit a big deer

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 7434
I hit a huge buck at 100k, its head smashed through the drivers side window hitting me in the head breaking off its 4 point rack and the rack landing in my lap. I have more pics some are very graphic of the deer.

AlyssaC 08-29-2006 03:27 PM

RE: What happens to a mazda when you hit a big deer

I wanna see the gruesome pics! That thing messed your 3 up good. Ouch!

Quadfather 08-29-2006 03:41 PM

4 Attachment(s)
quite lucky my wife was in the passenger seat and my son who is 6'2" in the back seat, we all walked away without a scratch "well I had a cut in my left ear from the antlers", cops drove us home. I now have the Mazda 6. The following picture (s) may offend some people and I do apologize now if you were. If a moderator blocks them I do understand. I have a picture of the car before as well
Attachment 7430
Attachment 7431
Attachment 7432
Attachment 7433

mazda guy 08-29-2006 05:36 PM

wow. it looks like you hit a semi!

esloyer 08-29-2006 05:58 PM

wow, what does the insurance company have to say?

Quadfather 08-29-2006 06:18 PM

I had replacement coverage with my insurance company. I faxed them the original bill of sale and they sent me a cheque for the exact bottom line. They even covered the bill for my tint, blood stained clothes, glass covered clothes with no problems, I was in a new Mazda 6 within a week. I had a rental car supplied by the insurance as well. My premiums didn't move at all.

steve13 08-29-2006 07:10 PM

That's insane. Glad that all of you are ok though. On a side note, what insurance company are you with? That sounds like awesome customer service.

Quadfather 08-29-2006 07:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm with Pilot here in Ontario, I was returning my rental and almost hit a smaller deer that ran in front of me, thankfully missed her, this is what I would have wrecked that time
Attachment 7429[sm=smiley19.gif]

Lupae3s 08-29-2006 07:32 PM

wow thats some scary stuff. from the looks of things your lucky no one was badly hurt. good luck getting everything fixed up.

Lev 08-30-2006 04:12 PM

The poor car! Its such a beatiful thing and it had to get wrecked. The deer deserved it not the car.