Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

What the deal with sooooo many sedans???

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 10:48 PM
Exclamation What the deal with sooooo many sedans???

Maybe its just me but the hatch back is more appealing to the eye. The sedan might be lighter but the hatch has the sporty look that makes it better. (my opinion) Plus the chrome grill on the sedan just makes me think soccer mom or grampa idk.... Whats your thoughts on the Mazda 3 sedan/hatch????

Old 03-26-2009, 10:52 PM

Believe it or not, the HB is only about 23 pounds heavier from what I understand, but then again I own a HB

Old 03-26-2009, 11:54 PM

Believe it or not, most sedans (mine included) do not have any chrome on the grill, errr, except for the stylized "M" Mazda logo. FWIW, I think the sedan is far more attractive.

Old 03-27-2009, 12:03 AM

I think the sedan looks like the"rest of the crowd".
The hatchback definetly says "originality"
I remember the first time I saw the hatchback.
One of my tenants rented a hatchback for a weekend.
Having never seen one before, I wondered who made it.
I thought it looked like a small magnum.
I had the hots for the magnum, but one look at this little hatchback, and I knew I had to have one.
I really don't care for the look of the sedan.
Bob.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Believe it or not, the HB is only about 23 pounds heavier from what I understand, but then again I own a HB
only 23 pounds... I thought it was more

Old 03-27-2009, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Blunden0024
only 23 pounds... I thought it was more
What you loose in the Hatch and extra roof you still have on the sedan as trunk and rear glass, there might be a little more if you compare a HB with the 2.3 VS the Sedan with a 2.0.
No matter what, I myself think the HB has a lot more style.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:44 AM

What year has a chrome grill?
Just different uses. I have no need for a wagon or van.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:55 PM

Ah, yes, the age old debate - sedan vs wagon. While I do agree that the HB does have sporty lines, it is still, none the less, a station wagon.

IMHO the sedan is just a rockin' looking little car, and that is what it looks like, a little sports car. BTW, no chome on my car.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:45 PM

Here's my 2 cents if anybody cares:

-Like Bob said the Sedan does look like the "Rest of the Crowd". Almost like a Nissan or Hundai.

-The whole stance of the car seems different, the sedan has that stance of a....well a sedan. The HB on the other hand looks like it rides more like a BMW or Audi, with the lowered look and the sleeker lines.

-The HB is nontheless a "Hatch Back", but it's different. Look at all the competitors HBs: Pontiac Vibe, VW Golf, That Saturn "Thing", and the others, they all have that station wagon look to them
The Mazda on the other hand has more of a sports car look to it.

And thats my two cents, if you wanna hear more ask my wife, we have this discussion all the time!

Old 03-27-2009, 06:35 PM

The hb is reported to be atleast 200pds heavier, imho stock for stock the sedan looks better but once you get the visual mods i.e lowered, lip, and wheels the hb comes out looking a little better. Still a hb is, was and forever will be a mini station wagon , now thats being said about the 04-06 models anything after those years dont look so hot, the chrome grille bar and boxy look is just not working for the 07-09, and for the 2010 models....well its just a clusterf**k of bad ideas and thats for both sedan and hb.

Quick Reply: What the deal with sooooo many sedans???