Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

weird noise problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 11:00 PM
Default weird noise problem

Hello guys,
I have a 2007 mazda 3, 12000 miles and overall im pretty satisfied with the car. However for about 2 weeks now i noticed this rattling sound whenever i press the gas and the car is in drive. it doesnt make this sound when the car is in neutral. it only makes it when it's in drive. it doesnt make it at high speeds either. ( or i can't hear it )only when i start rolling and slowly press the gas it makes this coughing, wheezing rattling sound that goes away as the rpms go up.( it only seems to make it in lower gears and btw 2000-3000 rpm) more recently i noticed that it seems to make the sound less if the engine is warm. it's not loud but its enough to bother me. if it were an older car i wouldn't care but a new car shouldn't have any problems like this. i was wondering maybe anybody knows something. Also, if i decide to go to the dealership ( the car is still in warranty ) will they make me pay for anything? labor hours maybe?!
thank you in advance

Old 04-11-2008, 08:39 PM
Lev
Default RE: weird noise problem

I don't know what's wrong with the car but i can tell you that the dealer won't charge for anything since it is still under warranty. But if you take it tothe stealer... uhi mean dealer they might mess something else up "by accident"and keep you coming back. Mazda dealers show their true side after you've purchased the car. I had to return 5 times to my dealership, the car was under warranty that's why i kept going back. Since my car is no longer under warranty, i see no need to go to the dealer.

Old 04-12-2008, 09:26 AM
Default RE: weird noise problem

i wouldnt throw all mazda dealers into that category...there are good dealerships where you can get service done - I would check out the mazda dealerships in your surrounding area and pick the one you feel is most professional. You dont need to take it back to the exact dealership you bought the car from, just so long as its another mazda dealership.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:27 AM
Default Any news

Hi lamania, was wondering if you ever found out the problem Having the extact same issue with my M3-07 2.3, right around the same number of miles.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:38 AM
Lev

I am now experiencing something similar. I have an 05 s with 73600 miles. I hear a rattling noise when my car is in drive and at a complete stop. When i let off the brake and allow the car to move, the noise goes away. The car does not make the noise in park or neutral. I haven't paid attention to it in reverse. I went to a mechanic to get my oil changed. He told me one of my engine mounts is defunct. I know that the 04-05 models have faulty engine mounts. I don't know if Mazda has fixed this problem with the latter years. He is thinking that that may be the problem. Maybe check the engine mounts.