Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Water in car

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2022, 07:26 PM
Default Water in car

I have a 2011 SP25 and keep getting water under drivers seat looks to come from evaporator box changed filters was better but still getting water there anyone else had this issue?

Old 04-13-2022, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

DO you have a sunroof?

Old 04-13-2022, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by stampy85
I have a 2011 SP25 and keep getting water under drivers seat looks to come from evaporator box changed filters was better but still getting water there anyone else had this issue?

Is the drain open on the bottom of the evaporator box? It will let condensate out as well as rain water that gets in. It will be a little drain on the firewall on the passenger side. I haven't looked at my Mazda so I don't know what a Mazda drain looks like but it's usually a little rubber flap. You can reach down and play with it with your finger. You don't want to be underneath since if it is stopped up, you'll get a face full of gooky stuff (<-------fancy technical term) and a gush of water. Don't stick anything up into it, like a screwdriver, as your evaporator and heater cores are in there and a real pain to replace when you poke a hole in them.

Old 04-13-2022, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Grouch
Is the drain open on the bottom of the evaporator box? It will let condensate out as well as rain water that gets in. It will be a little drain on the firewall on the passenger side. I haven't looked at my Mazda so I don't know what a Mazda drain looks like but it's usually a little rubber flap. You can reach down and play with it with your finger. You don't want to be underneath since if it is stopped up, you'll get a face full of gooky stuff (<-------fancy technical term) and a gush of water. Don't stick anything up into it, like a screwdriver, as your evaporator and heater cores are in there and a real pain to replace when you poke a hole in them.
im an auto electrician by trade and have been right over the car and can’t find any issues except for where it’s coming out of I’ve blown out drain line etc just thought someone might have had the same issue

Old 04-13-2022, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by grim_reaper
DO you have a sunroof?
yes but it’s not coming from there at all everywhere is dry until you get to the bottom of the evaporator box