Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Undecided

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Default RE: Undecided

Re: the 2004/2005, lots of 2004 and 2005M3 owners complain heavily about AC issues. Mazdahas over timechanged some of the engineering of the air conditioning system I believe, to rectify.

I'll cop to the fact that my former Toyota did a better job of blowing cold air than my 2007 Mazda3 does, especially when idling at a stop light on a very hot day. I don't live in a super hot place, otherwise I may not have bought a Mazda 3.

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.ph...c=25618.0;wap2

http://reviews.cnet.com/sedan/2005-m...-31352569.html

I bought the 2007, after test driving the 2006 side by side, I noticed the handling difference.

Also, effective 2006, for the 2.0 engine, VVT (variable valve timing) was introduced. Gives a little performance bump.

My 2 cents.

Old 01-29-2008, 09:32 PM

With more than 2 million miles with a stick (truck driver, with everything from 5X2, 5X4, 10, 13and 15 speed transmissions, the automatic is nice.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:02 AM

ORIGINAL: UrbanmanUSA

If your gonna go used, I wouldn't go further back than 2006. The Mazda3 came out in 2004, like any totally new design, they didn't get everything 100% right, the vehicle has IMO been quite refined from 2006 forward. No offense to owners of 2005s and 2004s, but if you've been paying attention, you must agree this car has gotten progressively better over time.

This Edmunds review is worth looking at: http://www.edmunds.com/mazda/mazda3/review.html Edmunds is a very respected auto reviewer, the fact that they had very positive things to say, combined with Consumer Reports vouching for this vehicle's reliability, were big factors for me.

I drove a stick for years, was fun, but am very happy with the auto I now own (it is a "sport shift" which is cool). Young person that you are, you may enjoy a stick, it's a personal thing, I don't think one is hands down better than the other.

I agree with VB, the "touring" trim level is a good level to buy. And I agree with Jaimie, the Mazda3's looks beat those of Civic.

I have the 2.0, it has plenty of punch, very decent fuel economy if you take it easy. I think if I bought the 2.3, I'd be in trouble with the law ...
its true if you drive in stop and go traffic yea the automatic would be better. but i dont so it doesnt matter really. the automatics are just boring to me now.. and plus its 1000$ more for an automatic? hell with that. ifi wanted to pay 1000 more it would be for the model up.. simple as that!!however right now i have been told by work that i maybe doing alot of driving for work. basically 5 days a week i stay in goderich (2 hrs away) and they pay for my gas mileage. however i believe i take the 401 soo ahh well. and htis will go on for about 5-6 weeks. yeeeeea i got a new job