Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/)
-   Mazda3 (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/)
-   -   TWM SS (https://www.mazdaforum.com/forum/mazda3-26/twm-ss-13637/)

2.0Mazda08 03-29-2008 05:13 PM

TWM SS

I installed my TWM short shifter today and dam it feels nice. You don't need any efort to move it in 1st. I get a perfect shift every time. No grinding no nothing. I was wondering if i should get a heavier knob though. I am using the stock knob right now. I added a pic and i never knew how clean i kee my car till now.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15620/7AF2026147F74B3AB3D8EDA398D2C1FE.jpg[/IMG]

S8MP 05-06-2008 12:25 AM

RE: TWM SS

nice

VB 05-06-2008 12:44 PM

The beige interior looks odd, considering all of Mazda's wheels are jet black.

virgin1 05-06-2008 02:17 PM

I'd bet it stays a lot cooler in hot weather though.... :D:D:D
And until the early '80's when they went for that monochrome interior look, most European, Swedish and Japanese cars came w/black dashboards, steering wheels and seat belts no matter what color the rest of interior was. I for one, hated that all-the-same color look @ first. It took me quite a while to accept it.
My Honda, everywhere you lookedwas blue, except the headliner. My Nissan, everywhere you lookedwas blood red, in that case, even the headliner!! I hated that headliner and never did get used to it.

2.0Mazda08 05-06-2008 08:41 PM

i like my interior, its differnt, like you said there mostly black interior. I have a combination of luxury and sporty look or at least i think so. No it doesn't stay cool in the summer. Its oppositte, i actually noticed that after having the car for 2 days. Its actually hotter in my mazda than it is in my altima, and the altima interior is aaaallll black.

Binarypotato 05-06-2008 11:45 PM

How long did it take you to install?

I had a short shifter on my old car and just prefer the throws compared to a stock shifter, but I didn't install that one, and just wanted to avoid any warrenty issues. /shrug

wsoape281 05-07-2008 01:16 AM

TWM is a great company. i am glad to see that you decided to go with them.

virgin1 05-07-2008 06:02 AM

ORIGINAL: 2.0Mazda08
No it doesn't stay cool in the summer. Its opposite, i actually noticed that after having the car for 2 days. Its actually hotter in my mazda than it is in my altima, and the altima interior is aaaallll black.

That's probably morea function of the car's insulation properties than color of the fabric. Compare your 3 to one w/a black interior, not apples and oranges.
It's a known scientific fact that light colors reflect, dark colors absorb.

The shifter only takes about 1/2 hr to install w/a friend helping, and you only need the second pair of hands for about a minute to help line up ball assembly and springto get it back in the base. Before and after that, it's a one-man operation.

2.0Mazda08 05-07-2008 11:33 PM

i did it my self though the install wasn't hard you only need a second pair of hands when you have to take the ball out...you can put tooth picks or the little small screw drivers to keep the clips from snapping back in.

Binarypotato 05-08-2008 07:35 PM

Just purchased my TWM SS and can't wait for it to arrive!

If you buy the weighted shift knob lemme know how it works out, I went without one for now, maybe after I get paid on June 1.