Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Turn Signal Side Markers

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Default Turn Signal Side Markers

I got to pondering to myself the other day and had a thought (Yes that is smoke coming from my ears)

The side markers on alot of BMW's have the logo in the middle and the light from behind. Is there any makers of these for Mazda or do you know a simple method of making them?

I'm gonna look around for some materials and see what I can put together but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Turn Signal Side Markers

I know what you're talking about, and I always loved that look on the BMWs. That being said I don't know how it would look, partially because the BMW logo is a complete seal vs. the openness of the Mazda logo. I suppose it could work if you just did a painted logo on something.

Basically you would need a clear plastic ring of some sort for the edge (you might be able to do this just with a LED strip), and something to cover the face to either paint a Mazda logo on or to afix a smaller emblem to. You also might run into problems with the fender being slightly curved unless you go with a smaller logo. Whatever you make if you can figure out a way to attach it to the base of the stock side marker then that would take care of power and attaching it to the car.

Interesting idea.

Old 12-02-2008, 10:51 PM

How exactly are those side markers removed? I was thinking of painting the backround of the Mazda emblem the same color as the car.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

Grab the light with your fingertips and slide the whole thing...... er........ either forwards or backwards. Doing that will compress a tension clip and let the end away from the direction you slid it come free of the hole. Then slide the rest of it out. You can unplug the light from the wiring but make sure the wire stays outside the fender as it can easily fall into the fender and you don't want to spend 20 minutes fishing it out of the panel with a coat hanger.

The light you removed is a single piece so if you planned on using it in your project you'd have to cut it apart. New ones are I believe about $14 each.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:41 AM

Grab the light with your fingertips and slide the whole thing...... er........ either forwards or backwards. Doing that will compress a tension clip and let the end away from the direction you slid it come free of the hole. Then slide the rest of it out. You can unplug the light from the wiring but make sure the wire stays outside the fender as it can easily fall into the fender and you don't want to spend 20 minutes fishing it out of the panel with a coat hanger.

The light you removed is a single piece so if you planned on using it in your project you'd have to cut it apart. New ones are I believe about $14 each.
Thank you! Much appreciated.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

Happy to help, just put up pictures of the finished product.

Old 12-03-2008, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Funny, but I have wanted to completely eliminate mine for years now, not just highlight them.
To me they are a distraction to an otherwise clean side. I am a firm believer in being able to be seen however, so I would replace them w/LED mirrors that will have both running (which the OE's don"t have) and turn signal repeating capabilities.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Funny, but I have wanted to completely eliminate mine for years now, not just highlight them.
To me they are a distraction to an otherwise clean side. I am a firm believer in being able to be seen however, so I would replace them w/LED mirrors that will have both running (which the OE's don"t have) and turn signal repeating capabilities.
You mean like the pair of LED mirror covers you're trying to sell. :P

Old 12-03-2008, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Ummmm... YEAH!! Only I found a pair that replace the rear housing not just cover over it. I like the lens better in the ones I am selling, but overall, the new ones are nicer, and of course, more expensive too.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Ummmm... YEAH!! Only I found a pair that replace the rear housing not just cover over it. I like the lens better in the ones I am selling, but overall, the new ones are nicer, and of course, more expensive too.
Oh didn't realize yours were stick on. Most of the ones I've seen are replacement.

Quick Reply: Turn Signal Side Markers