Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Which Trim is the Best to Get?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 08:43 PM
Default Which Trim is the Best to Get?

I plan on buying my Mazda 3 in March (This is a good time to buy because it's right before the first quarter ends and dealers have to meet their quotas).
My dream is getting the Grand Touring Model. Buying the S Touring seems useless to me because the GT is very close in price to the ST.
The only logical choicesfor meare the iTouring and the Grand Touring. The main difference being the 2.0 and and 2.3.

Which model is the best? I don't really need the navagation system, from what I've heard, its really not all that great and I can buy a Garmin brand one from Amazon for about $79 bucks and stick it on the dashboard.

I desperately want the moonroof, it just makes the car seem so much more open. The rear spoiler is a must as well,It doesn't look tacky and it seamlessly makes the car look a lot more sexy.
I usually don't likespoilers but I don't particuarly like the back of the Mazda 3 without it.

The heated seats and climate controls are nice, but not absolutely essential for me if it can save me a couple of thousand. I also don't need the dimming mirror with directional compass because my navagation system will tell me which direction I'm going in.

So here are my questions:

-Is there a huge difference between the 2.0 and the 2.3? I've heard that the 2.3 accells faster, but that the 2.0 is still good, and it gets better gas milage.

- Does anyone have the S Sport? I wouldn't be adverse to getting this model, I just haven't heard that much about it.

-Will I regret not getting the GT model because of the heated seats and climate controls?

My goal is to put down about $5,000 and get a 48 or 60 month lease. I only want to pay $19,000 tops. Which model should I get? Which options are essential? I would appriciate any input at all! Thanks Guys

Old 10-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Default RE: Which Trim is the Best to Get?

well my figures are in canadian and i payed 24001 for mine. and i put 14k down on it. i bought the 3 GS which is basically all power everything lumbar support 15" alloys. its a nice car. no sunroof. but its a nice car. look into those. im not sure how much it will run you in the USA

Old 10-27-2007, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

well my figures are in canadian and i payed 24001 for mine. and i put 14k down on it. i bought the 3 GS which is basically all power everything lumbar support 15" alloys. its a nice car. no sunroof. but its a nice car. look into those. im not sure how much it will run you in the USA

Wow, thats about 25K in the USA. Wow, I've never seen anyone go above 23...you could've gotten the Mazda 6 for that same price! But its still a great car. And why did you only get 15" wheels? I don't know if its different in Canda but the GS should come with standard 17" Wheels. You also should've gotten a sunroof if you paid that much for it, i'm not an expert, but the Mazda 3 with all of the equipped options in the U.S. costs around 23,500. So I'm not sure what happened. But thanks for your response! I appriciate your input!

Old 10-28-2007, 05:16 AM

well i bought my car brand new. and this was about 2 months ago. back when the american dollar was more. yea probably now it would be cheaper but im happy with my car. and yea i got 10K left to pay for it. so hurray. but the GT was more expensive i believe. which is the 2.3. it came with all the 17" wheels, the sunroof. all those nice things. but my car looks good for what i payed for

Old 10-28-2007, 08:09 AM

first things first. Go with the 2.3l engine, it is much more refined than the 2.0 the only downside is the less gass mileage, but even so its only like 2mpg. As for gt or touring, the only thing the gt gets for the extra 1-1.5k your going to spend is led tailights, auto climate control, and i think leather. The touring has the same safety features, rims, etc. as teh gt but is lacking the 3 options listed above. The 2.0 will also have less amnenities even if u get teh gt.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:15 AM

ORIGINAL: npoll212

first things first. Go with the 2.3l engine, it is much more refined than the 2.0 the only downside is the less gass mileage, but even so its only like 2mpg. As for gt or touring, the only thing the gt gets for the extra 1-1.5k your going to spend is led tailights, auto climate control, and i think leather. The touring has the same safety features, rims, etc. as teh gt but is lacking the 3 options listed above. The 2.0 will also have less amnenities even if u get teh gt.
t

Okay, so I should definately go for the 2.3? Thanks. I was leaning towards this anyway because I don't want to feel...inadequate...when the 2009 2.5 comes out. I believe the GT also has heated seats to go along with the taillights and climate control....thanks for your input! I have 4 months to make my decision!

Old 10-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Lev

The GT comes with auto: climate, wipers, and xenon headlights. It has heated leather front seats and an alarm system. i think it would be worth it to spend a little extra and get the top of the line car so you know you wont regret buying the car.

Old 10-28-2007, 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Lev

The GT comes with auto: climate, wipers, and xenon headlights. It has heated leather front seats and an alarm system. i think it would be worth it to spend a little extra and get the top of the line car so you know you wont regret buying the car.
Thanks me too! I am trying to get the price down to 19K...I hope it works out!

Old 10-29-2007, 01:11 PM

Go with the MS3 Sport or GT. You won't regret it. The only downside is they don't come with a sunroof.

Old 10-29-2007, 07:54 PM

2.0 or 2.3, say what you will, but I can't wait until they come out with the electric car and we don't have to worry about the damn gas anymore.

I have the gs sport with 16's and moonroof, power everything and the 2.0. Don't like having GT at the end of any named car I owned. Besides everyone has probably gatherd that I am cheap when it comes to buying gas.

I paid about 24,600 for mine. Good interest rate too. We know the cars are cheaper in USA. That's all us Canucks are talking about these days. Can't understand why cars/suvs are cheaper in US when are dollar is better right now.

Never wanted leather either. Would have liked the traction control and some other things you get with the higher end.

But, in the end, everyone who writes/reads this forum is in love with their M3.

You will be too. Welcome to the club. [8D]

Quick Reply: Which Trim is the Best to Get?