Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Touch Screen

Old 03-05-2014, 07:59 PM
Default Touch Screen

Hey everyone. How goes it? So I bought a mazda 3i GT a week and a half ago. Love the car. It is now my daily driver as opposed to my truck. Anyway, my only thing I have negative is this: On the top of my screen, kind of the top corner, it looks like there is an air bubble. Similar to a screen protector or the protective film on electronics when you first get them. I looked at it and there was nothing on the screen. Unless you look for it, you probably wouldn't notice it, it almost looks like finger smudge too. Anyway, it works fine... no issues with functionality or use, just a cosmetic issue.
Took it into the dealer yesterday, and they said after talking to Mazda people they have never seen this. They are going to replace the unit, but it is going to take about 2 weeks seeing as the 14s are so new and they have not heard of this issue so they don't just have some of the screens laying around. I really hope it doesn't mess anything up when they get into it and fix it.

Like I said, it is just cosmetic, but still, it's a new car...
Anyway, I love the car. This is my only issue. It has great get up and go. The seats are super comfortable. The leather is soft and a joy to sit in. I love the heated seats. I am not used to the whole infotainment thing. I'm used to old style radios. This is very nice. It will take a little time for me to get used to, but I like it. So far I've been avg ~ 29 mpg according to the car. I wish they all came with LED tail lights. I saw a 3 s with the LEDs. Oh well, I will get them eventually. I think the Bose system sounds great.
Anyway, I love the car, glad I got it.
Sorry for the long post.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:08 AM

I got the car back last week and the dealer did an excellent job. I made an appointment for last Thursday at 2pm, but decided to drop it off Wed. afternoon since it wasn't easy for me to get there for the appt. Anyway, I dropped it off at about 1:30 and they called me by 4 to tell me it was done! A day early! I was so happy, but I couldn't get it until Thurs. Anyway, the new infotainment screen looks great and I am Happy.