Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Took the M3 to Lowe's

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:02 AM
Default Took the M3 to Lowe's

Every year, the day after Thanksgiving Lowe's Motor Speedway opens the track up to to the public.
And I will say this, for a bone stock car the Mazd3 didn't even realize it was going 110 mphout of turn 2, and if the stupid pace car wasn't there I would have had it to the governor LOL.
This is definitely going to be a fun little car, will have to take it up to the dragons tail before the snow comes [sm=gears.gif]
No pictures of it on the track though, tough to take them and drive.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: To the M3 to Lowe's

The car looks good sitting there.Next year, after some mods and updates,ya' need to get the wife to take somepicsof her (the car not your wife,silly) on the track!!

Old 11-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Default RE: Took the M3 to Lowe's

Try to get her out of the car when it is going out on the track

Old 11-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

You mean she LIKE's going those speeds? WOW!! Hold on to that one.
Whenever I take my widfe w/me to a meet, I have to behave myself.

Old 11-25-2007, 02:50 PM

Going around at 110 in the F150 she was saying Faster LOL.
Now the Dragons Tail is not the place for her, to much accelerating and decelerating and she starts getting car sick, so I have to go there by myself
Tail of the Dragon http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

Old 11-25-2007, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

That road reminds me of route 51 or maybe 54 into West Virginia. I found myself on it after looking at a map while going to a friend's house who lived in W.Va. It turned out to be a switchback mountain road and this was at the end of January.I was driving my Datsun (Yes SPeeDy, I said D~A~T~S~U~N ) pick up truck and we were on a schedule to meet them. This looked like a time saver... more direct route. Was I ever wrong. We didn't make it on time. In fact we were 6 hours late!!
I won't do that again unless I have time to spend exploring it.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:32 PM

It is a fun road if you don't get crazy on it, when I first moved here 12 years ago I lived 10 miles of so from the Tennessee end of it, used to see the Ambulances coming down at least 4 or 5 times a weekend.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:35 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

That road reminds me of route 51 or maybe 54 into West Virginia. I found myself on it after looking at a map while going to a friend's house who lived in W.Va. It turned out to be a switchback mountain road and this was at the end of January.I was driving my Datsun (Yes SPeeDy, I said D~A~T~S~U~N ) pick up truck and we were on a schedule to meet them. This looked like a time saver... more direct route. Was I ever wrong. We didn't make it on time. In fact we were 6 hours late!!
I won't do that again unless I have time to spend exploring it.

LOL the datsun thing... that was funny. anyway. i bet it was fun though going through that way... yea you were 6 hours late.. but it probably was worth it in the end.. no?

Old 11-25-2007, 07:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

Every year, the day after Thanksgiving Lowe's Motor Speedway opens the track up to to the public.
And I will say this, for a bone stock car the Mazd3 didn't even realize it was going 110 mphout of turn 2, and if the stupid pace car wasn't there I would have had it to the governor LOL.
This is definitely going to be a fun little car, will have to take it up to the dragons tail before the snow comes [sm=gears.gif]
No pictures of it on the track though, tough to take them and drive.

Did you know if you smash up your car while on a race track or while racing your car your collision coverage is null and void. Is there special coverage for this?

Old 11-25-2007, 07:48 PM

I actually talkedwith my insurance guy, he said since it is controlled by the pace car and not so much like a free for all it is covered, if the pace car leaves the track I am not.
A guy with a Dodge SRT10 quad cad was hit and the police report said it was in the parking lot at the speedway.

Quick Reply: Took the M3 to Lowe's