Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

For those that don't like the 2010 MZ3

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 01:35 AM
Super Moderator

Good analogy, Lev. They could be twins!!
Of course these days Cher doesn't look any better, and I remember when she was cute!

I will never understand why people go to such great lengths to f*ck up how they look. Now I can say that about the car co's too.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:49 AM
Super Moderator
Wink

Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard
While comparing these two models, one thing comes too mind.
They stink as far as looks go.
Permit me to take a short trip down memory lane, where cars were stylish and, one could never mistake one brand for another.
These cars were what I grew up seeing on the road as a teenager.
Even the wagons were good looking, and commanded attention.
These cars all had one very important trait, they were stylish.
Cookie cutter they were not.
Some were a bit radical but in all, they were a feast for the eyes, unlike today's offerings.
Click on this link, and enjoy.http://public.fotki.com/redmk4convt/just50scars/
Bob.

I think I'm a bit younger than you, Bob, but I remember seeing some of these, then older cars as I was growing up. I have to disagree w/you though. It's true that a Chevy was hard to mistake for a Chrysler, or a Buick hard to mistake for a Lincoln, but IMHO some of these were fails in styling too.
Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge & DeSoto (as a rule) were all overblown, excessive and just plain gawdy. And the Cadillac has only grown on me with time. Money no object and a stable already full of cars and I might consider owning one.
The Mercs were OK, and the Ford's tolorable, and of course the shoebox Chevys were and are classics that bring huge sums today (I bought mine for $400,) but a lot of badly styled cars came out of the '50's too, IMO.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:20 AM

i already have the new TL (actually most newer Acuras) in my "cars that should be junked" thread