Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

are there any performance freebies that can be done to these cars

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 05:37 PM
Default are there any performance freebies that can be done to these cars

On my old 95 Z28 camaro.. there were a bunch of freebies that could be done.... removing things that would hinder the performance of the car. by removing some things like MAF screen, modifing the intake, removing the water retun lines from the throttle body to keep the air cooler.. and stuff like that that would buy a horse power or two....

Is there anything you can do to the Mazda 3 like that to make it run a lil better.. We are buying the magnaflow exhaust for it, and would like a cold air. and Are they set up the same way .. as in buy a bigger throttle body and mass air.. as u can tell i have spent little time with this car but i like it and wanna play with it a lil.... the wifes car... cant stop till i have the tires smoking....

thanks

Jason

Old 03-21-2006, 11:02 PM
Default RE: are there any performance freebies that can be done to these cars

im not sure what you can do - but just to comment on something you said about getting a cold air intake...everyone i hear who gets one cant feel that much of a difference. all i'm guna do is get a K&N drop panel filter...50 bucks compared to $200+

now im sure someones guna post and say they got 15 wheel horse power from a CAI just to spite me lol

Old 03-22-2006, 12:45 AM

i got 16 ! just kidding... most Intake kits you really only see about a increase of 6 horses. You wont get much more then that.
I think if you got performance exhaust and a air intake it would be alot of fun though!

Old 03-22-2006, 01:42 AM

aem cold air intake is nice...biggest performance increase with this system is its result of instant throttle response...also it does add about six HP like mazda guy said. it also reduces weight alittle bit and gives the 3 a nice, aggressive sound. it was my first mod and im happy i did it.

Old 03-22-2006, 02:05 AM

dont forget the computer will reset itself! also if you really wanna notice the increase of power from the intake, do headers, hi-flow cat, and the cat-back, the slap in the intake and really feel what you did to the car!

Old 03-22-2006, 10:16 AM

i would say go with a CAI and exhaust from the headers back to really open it up. Personally I am just going to stick with the K&N drop in filter, its a nice little increase for not a lot of money.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:22 PM

do u program for the faster throttle responce or do you buy something that you plug in?

Old 03-23-2006, 03:33 AM

no the throttle response just happens when you add it on, but after awhile the computer will reset itself for fuel efficiency(only guessing), so it'll just remap itself so the power gains will disappear but throttle response will most likely be kept

Old 03-23-2006, 11:23 AM

thats so stupid

Old 03-23-2006, 04:31 PM

I dont think the computer will go back to the original settings, it would have to accomodate the extra air being pulled into the engine. Basically it would re-learn the way the engine in running after you install the CAI and re-map itself for that to account for the air, also keeping fuel efficiency

Quick Reply: are there any performance freebies that can be done to these cars