Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Terrible brake noise

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Default Terrible brake noise

Ok, 08 2.3 HB. Roughly 20kmi.

My brakes tend to make alot of grinding and moaning, mostly in wet weather, but starting to come more often.

I've noticed the rust the rotors get when it rains, and I'm aware that it will make a noise or two getting the spots off. But it starting to get annoying everytime i drive the car that it make a horible moaning sound.

Should this be doing this after only 20k mi?

I don't put it through many hard braking times.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:38 AM

as long as the noise goes away over time in driving then thats completely normal

Old 02-10-2009, 04:36 AM

I figured just for the reason as the disc are so open due to the design of the rims.

It just bugs me that it happens everytime I get in the car.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Lev

When this first happened to me i didnt think it was my car because it was brand new. When the brakes are wet, cold, or a little dirty they will skreech and moan. Once you dry them off or clean them by braking, the noise should go away. My bro's car does the skreeching too when his brakes are cold or wet, and his car is an 07 and it's not a mazda.

Old 12-29-2020, 08:25 AM
Default Right rear outter pad worn out

Originally Posted by apbbnbanb_07
Ok, 08 2.3 HB. Roughly 20kmi.

My brakes tend to make alot of grinding and moaning, mostly in wet weather, but starting to come more often.

I've noticed the rust the rotors get when it rains, and I'm aware that it will make a noise or two getting the spots off. But it starting to get annoying everytime i drive the car that it make a horible moaning sound.

Should this be doing this after only 20k mi?

I don't put it through many hard braking times.
The rear brakes wear uneven. My right rear outter pad has always been the culprit even after replacing the caliper. This happens under 20k. I've had to give it TLC by making sure the pads move freely and things aren't too rusty and applying the brake grease. I also keep the old pads that are still in good shape so I can drop one in the outter right side instead of replacing all 4. I got lazy and too cozy with my wife's mechanic one time. In a moment of weakness I had them do the rear brakes. Of course the right rear caliper was leaking. Long story short, even after the professional replaced with OEM grade rotors, pads and calipers for $586, the right outter pad wore to the metal in 17k. It was still under warranty and they fixed it, but just saying, the rear brakes could use an upgrade.