Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Subwoofer size

Old 09-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Default Subwoofer size

I was going to be buyin the Mazda 3 soon.... I was wondering if a 15 inch sub can fit in a 4 door Mazda 3[8D]

Old 09-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Subwoofer size

Your sub can't be any bigger than your...... And if you say you have a 15" ....., we'll ALL know you're a liar.

Old 09-30-2007, 03:38 PM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Your sub can't be any bigger than your...... And if you say you have a 15" ....., we'll ALL know you're a liar.

so i guess that means no

Edit: the trunk looks big enough for a small ported box for a 1 15"

Old 09-30-2007, 04:38 PM

i think you'd be able to fit one. however, i think you might have to make a custom box. it also depends on where you put the box, if it'll fit along the side of your trunk, then it looks like it would fit.

all your really have to do is measure the box you want, and measure your trunk.
i haveALL the demensions for the trunk... at least, i tihnk i still have them somewhere.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

As you can clearly see from D's avatar, he's got TWO 30"er's in the trunk. One 15 should more than do the job.
Just don't, and I mean DON'T drive past my house @ 2AM, OK?
Your neighbor's will love ya' for it.

Old 09-30-2007, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Oh! BTW: When you install this monster in your trunk, be sure to tie everythingelse in the car down REAL tight, or remove it completely. And, they sell insulation specifically meant for this function too.

There's nothing stupider (yes, stupider is a word. I checked,) or ricer in this world than a car w/waaayyy too much sub-woofer waaayyy too loud... to the point where theentire car vibrates and the back window is about to blow out due to excessive and unchecked spl's.

Some ppl actually think that's COOL???

If you're gonna do it and subject other ppl to the bass in your music, at least do it right, OK?

Old 09-30-2007, 05:52 PM

I will only be running it at 1600-1900 watts rms... And have you ever heard of sound dampering

Old 09-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Super Moderator

Yousurly mean sound dampening,or sound deadening, not dampering. Of course! I usedto work in radio.I could probably teach you a few things about audio.
That still does not excuse those that blast their undampened subwoofers deep into the night through residential communities.

Old 09-30-2007, 07:12 PM

Oh! BTW: When you install this monster in your trunk, be sure to tie everythingelse in the car down REAL tight, or remove it completely. And, they sell insulation specifically meant for this function too.

There's nothing stupider (yes, stupider is a word. I checked,) or ricer in this world than a car w/waaayyy too much sub-woofer waaayyy too loud... to the point where theentire car vibrates and the back window is about to blow out due to excessive and unchecked spl's.

If you're gonna do it and subject other ppl to the bass in your music, at least do it right, OK?

haha then dont ever meet my friend matt. he has a 1998 honda civic DX H/B (not really riced but has rims and aftermarket lights, got the car like that when he crashed his corolla) anyway he has a 12" Rockford Fosgate T2 and a 1000 watt amp. but he figures that its not loud enough. so what does he do, he makes a box that is basically the size of his whole trunk. this thing damn well shakes the car and could easily blow your ear drums if loud enough. but as far as i think. ya a 15" sub should fit in the trunk. i mean my trunk is damn big i figure you could put it there. and hell if you cant just put it in the glove box as it is soo big. but make sure you do your measurements before you decide anything because if its too big for the trunk you may need a new box.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:29 PM

ORIGINAL: jaimie08mazda3

haha then dont ever meet my friend matt. he has a 1998 honda civic DX H/B (not really riced but has rims and aftermarket lights, got the car like that when he crashed his corolla) anyway he has a 12" Rockford Fosgate T2 and a 1000 watt amp. but he figures that its not loud enough. so what does he do, he makes a box that is basically the size of his whole trunk. this thing damn well shakes the car and could easily blow your ear drums if loud enough. but as far as i think. ya a 15" sub should fit in the trunk. i mean my trunk is damn big i figure you could put it there. and hell if you cant just put it in the glove box as it is soo big. but make sure you do your measurements before you decide anything because if its too big for the trunk you may need a new box.
I guess Virgin's right, cause trust me people,Matts an idiot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Subwoofer size