Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

stupid?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 09:27 PM
Default stupid?

i want to take the fog light covers off and put the same black honey comb grill that is at the bottom bumper in the place of the fog lights where can i get this and how would i go about doing this ....would it help my intake? im planning on putting some shields behind it so the air will go where i want it to go...dam i feel dumb asking this...

Old 02-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Default RE: stupid?

thats not a bad idea at all. it would definitely help your intake get a lot more air. my first year of auto-x, i bet some folks who simply set back the foglight from the bumper to create a gap through which air may move freely, and it got me curious to give it a try. more air = better.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:00 PM

o cool i thought this would have been one of those "yea man drive with out your hood u'll get loads of power" but i guess not. i really want to do that just to be different too since i will keep the black honey comb bottom grill and will change the upper grill to a all black grill soon.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:09 PM

i just cut out my driver's side fog light cover.
it still has the trim around the edge.
i dont know if its jsut a coincidence, but my intake is alot louder now. like, i can hear it whistling from inside the car alot when driving

Old 02-26-2008, 12:35 PM

i don't know if i should do that i want something there to protect the things behind it i dont want sht flying in those holes.....but you gave me an idea....if i take those covers out and put black mesh behind it i think that b good

Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 PM

well, ive had my fog cutout since around november or so, and with all the rain we've had, then all the snow, and the fact that im lowered on sportlines, ive had no problems at all

Old 02-26-2008, 01:42 PM

o so in that case i should not have problems at all...im not lowered neither do i have rims on my car[X(], if i go about doing this do i have to cut the covers...i really don't want to cut anything, can i just take them out from the back of the bumper and still be able to leave that silver ring

Old 02-26-2008, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

You could just pop some holes in the existing grillbetween the honeycomb, or cut them out completely w/drill and files?
A splash shield, a rubber flap perhaps, may not be a bad idea either? One that's stays down behind the grill until outside pressure or suction from the intakeopens it.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: 2.0Mazda08

o so in that case i should not have problems at all...im not lowered neither do i have rims on my car[X(], if i go about doing this do i have to cut the covers...i really don't want to cut anything, can i just take them out from the back of the bumper and still be able to leave that silver ring
ive had to replace the lower mesh grill on my 2.3s which was held in by a few plastic clips. if its anything like my grill, the fog covers should pop in-and-out easily.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:37 PM

it is held by clips and i think 1 screw...or at least i saw one there when i installed my CAI, but then again the sun was going down so i could be looking at screws holding in the harness for the fog light wires.

Quick Reply: stupid?