Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

strange water splashing around sound during start up

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Default strange water splashing around sound during start up

I have an 07 and I get this gurgle sound frombehind thedash more often than not during start ups...any suggestions?

Old 10-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Default RE: strange water splashing around sound during start up

In my experience, the air conditioning can make a gurgle sound - not withmy Mazda3, but in other cars.

With a little test, I think youshould be ableto figure out if this is the sound you're hearing.

Next time you drive, shut the AC off for a few minutes before turning your car off (consult your owner's manual to make sure you set your car such that the AC is off), and leave it off. When you next start your car, do you hear the sound?

Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 PM

UrbanmanUSA- yeah, I read somewhere that the AC is like always on... I don't really use the AC much...I'll try this tonight when I go pick up my lady. Usually I leave the **** all the way to the right, the window only setting. I'll have to check the manual to see if the ac is on when its in tht position. That's really in the manual??

trev0006- I found some info on another forum that led me to a link to Mazda Tech Bulletins and there was actually an issue with some models and the coolant not being bled or something like that, but it was like in '05. Do you knowif the bubbles in the coolant is possibly related to this and if so is it a bad thing?

thanks!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 PM

ORIGINAL: warp

UrbanmanUSA- yeah, I read somewhere that the AC is like always on... I don't really use the AC much...I'll try this tonight when I go pick up my lady. Usually I leave the **** all the way to the right, the window only setting. I'll have to check the manual to see if the ac is on when its in tht position. That's really in the manual??

trev0006- I found some info on another forum that led me to a link to Mazda Tech Bulletins and there was actually an issue with some models and the coolant not being bled or something like that, but it was like in '05. Do you knowif the bubbles in the coolant is possibly related to this and if so is it a bad thing?

thanks!
If you have the front defrost on, yes, your air conditioning is on (unless your fan is set to zero). It is described in the manual.

Old 10-18-2007, 03:16 PM

Well, I've been driving around with the **** all the way to the left, face only, and I haven't had any sloshin'!!

But the coolant reservoir has got some bubbles or condensation action in there. I guess I'll have to get it checked out.

Thanks!!