Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Strange sounds

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 11:34 PM
Default Strange sounds

Hi all, IK have an 04 mazda 3, I took it in recently for a popping noise when puttig it in gear, they fixed that ( bolt)....but I have 2 issues that I would like everyone opinions/advice/knowledge on....when the brake is depressed it creaks like a haunted house door, also there is some slight low popping noise on braking, and also the air conditioning system doesnt seem to cool as it should.....other than that I love the car....and look forward to may many years with it.....anyone heard of or had these issues?

Old 03-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Default RE: Strange sounds

I dont know what the hell happened to your car for it to do all that but id recommend taking it back to the dealership like right now, ive heard things like through a certian year the 3's have been called back for some reason.

Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 AM

taking it in tomorrow, I have heard maybe the popping soounds are engine bushings and mount supports, like the bolt that popped when i put it in gear, they said it wasnt a safety issue but an annoyance and fixed it with no problem, i did find on these forums that the AC not cooling is a condensor that needs replacing.......thnks fot the response, I'll post the outcome for all..

Old 03-09-2006, 12:05 PM

mine does the same its been in 3 times for the back breaks, squealling, popping sounds, and the noisy clutch, I'll be going in for the fourth time. definetly must be how its made. they fix the problem, and a month later its back

Old 03-09-2006, 12:09 PM

If they say they fixed it then they are liars, id take it somewhere else

Old 03-09-2006, 12:31 PM

sounds like '04 was not a good model year the 3, i have an '06 and have not had any those problems you guys are talking about. I would definitely take it to an outside mechanic, have it diagnosed, take it to the dealership and show them the diagnosis and have them fix every single thing, under warranty, take it back to the mechanic to make sure it was fixed, if not, call Mazda and tell them the issue and see what they can do.

Old 03-09-2006, 12:38 PM

Hey ..so I'm not the only one, my clutch makes the noise too, once the car is warmed up and I push in the clutch it makes that haunted house door squel noise to. its kinda strange I'm going to bring it in the the dealer and see what they can do, plus my set belt clip is really hard to latch...I think that needs some fixing too.

Old 03-09-2006, 01:10 PM

Is there a TSB out for the squeaky clutch? Mine now makes a creaking noise when pushing the clutch pedal in.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:24 PM

The thing is in my opinion most new models have problems since its more or less the companies practice car thats sellable, and since the 04 is the first year of the 3 it might have some problems and i think it had a call-back or something like that, i dont know what to say other then take to the dealership or go the Mazda site and ask questions.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:25 PM

No TSB sstlaure but there have been some squeak problems from the clutch pedal at the last few inches of travel caused by the clutch pedal position switch. Updated switch is available if that is the source of the noise.

Quick Reply: Strange sounds