Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Stay FAR away from Puente Hills Mazda

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 08:48 PM
Default Stay FAR away from Puente Hills Mazda

I went to Puente Hills Mazda today to take a look at (and drive) the Mazdaspeed3. I think that it's reasonable that a person be allowed to drive a car before they commit to buying, and this is my philosophy whether it's a $12,000 Toyota Yaris or $200,000 Ferrari. Apparently, Puente Hills Mazda doesn't feel the same way, as I was informed by the salesperson and general manager.

I'm sorry, other people may be willing to buy without driving, but not me. I'm sure that there are other people willing to pay their $3,495 "additional markup" as well, but again, it won't be me.

My business will be taken to a dealership that doesn't have policies like this.

John

Old 11-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Default RE: Stay FAR away from Puente Hills Mazda

My dealer has the same policy in regards to test drives of the Mazdaspeed3. I'm actually glad they aren't letting everyone test drive these. There are only 5,000/year being made and I know that when I go to buy mine next year, I don't want a ton of HARD miles put on it by everyone wanting a test drive.

The driving dynamics (other than acceleration) should be almost identical between a 3s and the Mazdaspeed3 (MS3 would be a little stiffer) If you want to know how it feels (other than acceleration) just test drive a regular 3.

I agree about not paying the mark-up...Many people have managed to buy for MSRP (or less so I hear)

I've got the absolute base model 3 and I love it. I've lowered it, so it rides a little stiffer (probably about the same if not a little stiffer than the MS3), but it's great for the 24,000+ miles/year I drive.

If you want the best total performance bargain on the market, go buy the MS3.

Out of curiosity, what are you comparing the MS3 to for your purchase decision?

Old 11-21-2006, 12:52 AM

I totally appreciate that as well I wanted to be the first person to drive my car not everyone else and their mother, my dealer as well wouldnt let anyone test drive they said the person driving this car knows everything about the car and wouldnt want anyone else driving it besides them. I bought my car at msrp no markups what so ever. The dealer said they would customers drive the Mazda 3 and tell them its the same but with alot more power. I have a Mazda 5 as well very happy with Mazda right now.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:47 AM

when i test drove my M3 base, the sales person just let me and my dad take it out without him....then again, we ended up getting one that night....so it mite be slightly different

Old 11-21-2006, 01:44 PM

Any dealer will let you test drive a 3, they just won't let you test drive a Speed3.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:09 PM

Intresting, I bought my mspeed3 at Puente Hills. They let me test drive it. Also, the mark-up on the car was only 2000.00 for the touring model. Which by the way, i did notpay . my test drive included a short street and freeway run. Total test drive mileage was 3-4 miles. the car only had 14mi total on the odometer. What I did find strange was that they asked for my drivers licenseas soon as i asked totest drive the mspeed3.I asked why? Salesman mentioned something about checking to see if I qualified to purchase the car.It seems alot of people come in just to test drive it and not purchase it. He stated it weeds out the excessive non-qualifying buyers that just put miles on the car. It seems this is a standard practice for some dealers.

I would like to say, stay away from Puente Hills Mazda for other reasons.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:28 PM

i have been to two different mazda dealerships and test driven 3 different speed 3's. since my protege was totalled out at the beginning of the month, i am a very potential buyer with the credit and down payment to get into it. bottom line, i am not going to buy something that i cannot drive to begin with because the subaru dealership down the street will let me drive the WRX and the dodge dealership the other way will let me drive the srt-4 and srt-8 that i have been looking at. i just don't want to buy a car with "popularity mark-up" and, unfortunately, mazda has no policy against that like toyota and nissan. bottom line, iam going for another protege and turbocharge it myself since the mazda dealership will only give me a discount that amounts to $1000 over MSRP

Old 05-16-2007, 08:52 PM

I test drove my MS3 before I bought it. I bought it with 49 Miles on it which meant there were 6 test drives prior to me because their test drive track is 7 miles exactly.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 PM

Go to Mazda of Orange... I bought my m3 hatchback 07 there and they were very nice and let me test drive it. Also within the next month, my friend is going to buy a ms3 and this saturday they said that they are going to let him test drive one. I'll had all positive experience from Mazda of Orange.

Old 05-17-2007, 11:09 PM

i would agree with kevin11, i got my mazda 3 saden from mazda of orange and have nothing but good words to say about them. i also got mine like 2000 under msrp. (repeat customer)

Quick Reply: Stay FAR away from Puente Hills Mazda