Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Speed Limiter? CAI? Red Theme

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 11:00 AM
Default Speed Limiter? CAI? Red Theme

I just got my Mazda3 S Hatch this past Friday, it's the dark grey, Automatic, and I love it.

First of all, I'm not looking to go extremely quick on the highway, so don't judge. =]

The main reason for why I want to do this is simply for racing legal at my local stadium. They have various tracks, and I'd like to get the limiter off, if there is one (which, I'm sure there is). Anyone know how to do this or where I can find out?

I'm gonna add an intake within the next month. What are the reported best ones, and do intakes REALLY improve gas mileage? (That's what I hear...)

I'll post pictures of the new ride, but there's not much to see. It's completely stock. Haha. I guess I can post it anyways to show my own personal touches. I think I'm going to go with a grey and red theme, as far as vinyls, exterior accessories, and streetglow. I'll probably make the fog lights into red strobes. Anyone know a good site fpr converting the fog lights? I'd like to do as much as possible myself, but I have NO experience with wiring or auto work. =/

Help me out guys!!! Please! Haha.

Casey.
[BK3P]

Old 04-01-2008, 12:32 AM
Default RE: Speed Limiter? CAI? Red Theme

you can spend about 500-600 and get your ECU re-flashed. You will gain liek 25hp just from that alone and you won't have a governer on it any more. your governer is set at 118 right now which is fast enough. Most people would go for cobb intake or fujita i have a fujita and gained power from it. Look around the forum and search you will find *** load of things to do to your car. If you have no experience with auto work once so ever then i think you should find someone that is willing to help you out or watch what you are doing before you mess up the new car...why bother to modify a automatic to take to the track though.....not worth it in my opinion, turn it into a show car.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 AM

ORIGINAL: 2.0Mazda08
...why bother to modify a automatic to take to the track though.....not worth it in my opinion, turn it into a show car.

he makes a very good point but none the less you will probably never reach 118mph on the track and if you do it wont be for long so unless it is worth the 600 to get the ecu re-mapped then dont do it save for a manual, or for something that more usefull for a track application like suspention or brake upgrades. you can get a nice set or tires or 600, you will probably notice the biggest difference with new summer tires.

Old 04-03-2008, 05:37 PM

if you still want to spend 600 you can send me 400 and i'll add the rest to get MY ecu re-mapped just think of it as a donation to a college student

Old 04-03-2008, 06:29 PM

why bother to modify a automatic to take to the track though.....not worth it in my opinion, turn it into a show car.
Damn, you are just mean [sm=wtf.gif]

BTW, I used to race a 72 Gran Torino, 351 Cleveland C6 automatic and whether it was in a straight line or the 21 miles of highway between Estes Park and Allen's Park in Colorado it didn't loose often, and when it did it was a HP problem and not a trans problem.
Also unlike my drag car with a 5 speed and a clutch, I never once had to replace the clutch in my Gran Torino.

I also have a Show truck sitting in my Garage that would whoop up on your car, so be nice [8D]

BTW, I do think the Red will go nice with the grey [sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 04-03-2008, 09:26 PM

wasn't trying to be mean here sorry. I wouldn't try to race your tonka toy i mean show truck anyways no im jking dude. I just wouldn't modify an automatic but that's just me. BTW you prob put a lot of money into your truck...put that same amount of money in a mazda 3 and have fun with it...i think lol.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 PM

It has got some into it, but not as much as most would think

And it would beat my 3 handily, so I don't think it would have too much problem with the 2.0 [8D]

Old 04-04-2008, 11:44 AM

it looks more like a sleeper. Real clean and neat nothing fancy no chrome all over it like some people do. Those tints look perfect on it though. Should change the rims and throw some DEEZ on it!! jk

Old 04-04-2008, 01:51 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Siber Express

I also have a Show truck sitting in my Garage that would whoop up on your car, so be nice [8D]
hahahaha i think its the funniest thing when a 'riced' car tries to out accelerate a truck only to end up getting embarrassed.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:57 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: Lupae3s

ORIGINAL: Siber Express

hahahaha i think its the funniest thing when a 'riced' car tries to out accelerate a truck only to end up getting embarrassed.
One of these days I will put the License plate frame on it that says
You Just Got beat By An Old Fart in A pickup

My Friend has that on the back of an 800HP Lightning [8D]

Quick Reply: Speed Limiter? CAI? Red Theme