Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Soundproofing

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 12:15 PM
Default Soundproofing

Hey guys,

As you all know the Mazda 3 isn't the quietest ride out there. I had to put some winter tires on mine because I live in a frigid hell hole. Now though the road noise is just that little too much. Have any of you tried some soundproofing on your 3's? There seems to be a ton of products out there but I don't want to buy into something that isn't going to work, or add too much weight. I'm thinking of just doing the wheel wells.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Default RE: Soundproofing

I put some in mine and maybe it made a slight difference at certain frequencies but I probably wouldn't bother again now knowing. I put Dynomat in the trunk on the floor and wheel wheels. I put another product on the strut towers and some on the firewall in the engine compartment. I couldn't ever find an easy way at getting at the firewall and floor inside the car though. You would have to pull a LOT of stuff out it seems.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:49 PM
Default RE: Soundproofing

Try driving my work truck.

Not quiet.

Sometimes I have to yell in my phone just to talk to someone because of the loud diesel engine.

Maybe I'm just ranting lol

Old 01-28-2009, 01:12 AM

Turn the music louder? ;-)

Old 01-28-2009, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

From what I've heard from members who have actually done this you'll get the biggest result in noise reduction by doing the entire floor and the roof. Bear in mind that to do that you need to remove the entire headliner, all the seats, the center console, the plastic trim, and the carpet. Definitely a weekend project.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:24 AM

I just turn the Stereo up, much easier

Old 01-29-2009, 06:40 PM

Although turning the stereo up works for the most part...I'm one of those creepy people who sometimes drive in silence...so I can plot the end of the world, muahahahahaha!

Seriously though, I was thinking of QuietCar.net, stuff looks pretty legit from what I've researched so far. I really don't want to get anything like Dynamat that will add too much weight. The hatchback is porky enough. I haven't bought any yet, I'll probably wait until summer for this little project, but I'll be sure to check back and tell you all how it went.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Silvaticus
Although turning the stereo up works for the most part...I'm one of those creepy people who sometimes drive in silence...so I can plot the end of the world, muahahahahaha!
Nice. LOL