Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Sound System

Old 04-17-2006, 09:14 PM
Default Sound System

I bought a mazda 3s two months ago. I don't know anything about sound systems, but I know that I don't like the system my car came with. My friend has a 2005 jetta and her sound system sounds so good. I want my music to sound better. What can I do?

Old 04-18-2006, 01:13 AM
Default RE: Sound System

You need to get a headunit, amp, door speakers, tweeters, and subwoofers, then you need speaker wire, sorry if the intructions suck id say ask for help from a place like Circuit city (if your on a budget) but they might try to rip you off.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:04 PM

just replacing the head unit alone will dramatically give your stock system great power. will even benefit you more with a few tweeter and component speakers as well (as Tracker had suggested).

Old 04-18-2006, 06:50 PM

I simply added a 10" MTX sub and amp to the trunk of my 05 Mazda3 5door, and I think the system rocks!! I'm not sure what all of you are looking for, but louder isn't always better!!

Old 04-18-2006, 09:23 PM

you dont really need a component set, but it is ALOT better. You dont even really need an amp to power you door speakers but again its ALOT better. Jus get some good 2-way speakers and an alpine unit or an Eclipse unit and quality should increase greatly if you need bump in the doors as well as the trunk dont get an amp to power the door speakers, it'll cut off the bass. Jus go to you local Best Buy or Circuit and try out systems ask questions....personally JL Audio all the way!

Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 AM

But keep in mind if you do put in any aftermarket audio components you will need an amp hooked up to it.

Old 04-19-2006, 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

But keep in mind if you do put in any aftermarket audio components you will need an amp hooked up to it.

not necessarily true... all i had to do was add a new head unit that increased the power to the door speakers tremendously as well as upgraded to pioneer door speakers and the system rocked! but if you are going to add additional things such as bigger/more energy consuming subwoofers, than an amplifier is the way to go. amplifiers do help out door speakers greatly but you also have the increased chance of blowing up your speakers if not properly tuned.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:22 PM

That's, right, there is no need for amp unless you wanna get more power out of your speakers or for SUBS, is not, than a really good headunit and just speakers will give you a really nice sound, and concerning tweeters, from personall experience i do not like them, kinda pitchi sound, but better tremble sounds.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:58 PM

i forgot to say that an amp is generally used for door speakers and subs....and if thats not true this is what ive been told, "if your running a sub or door speakers (aftermarket) then you need an amp cuz the stuff you are running needs the amp to work at full strength so it over work itself and eventually blow"

Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Tracker

i forgot to say that an amp is generally used for door speakers and subs....and if thats not true this is what ive been told, "if your running a sub or door speakers (aftermarket) then you need an amp cuz the stuff you are running needs the amp to work at full strength so it over work itself and eventually blow"

that can be true... but only if you are running hardcore sub that cranks out 600+ watts (thats being safe with an amplifier). the new head unit alone will power an entire system very nicely (has added power to the speakers compared to the stock head unit). that is one reason why the speakers sound nicer, the amplifiers will definitely be needed if trying to run a premium system.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sound System