Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Rear Passenger Power Window problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 08:04 AM
Exclamation Rear Passenger Power Window problem

Hello,

I have a 2005 Mazda 3 4 door car. Last weekend, I was able to roll down one of the rear passenger power windows all the way down, but when I tried to roll it back up about 20 minutes later, it only rolled up about 2 inches. I've tried the driver door power switch and the passenger door switch, and while it rolls down, it will still only go up 2 inches. It doesn't make any noise when using either switches. I've also tried manually pulling up the glass while pulling the switch up, but it won't pull up at all.

Any ideas on what the problem could be or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. I don't want to pay dealership repair price unless I absolutely have to.

Thanks in advance!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:36 AM

Check your fuses for the rear windows, also check the track the window rides in since if something is in the way it will trip the load sensor and not move. Does the window go back down at all or is it frozen? I cant help much with power windows for this car since my '06 3 has power fronts and manual rears.........

Old 11-27-2012, 10:56 AM

It will roll down, but it will only roll up about 2 inches up and that's it. I notices a part of the rubber lining between the glass was bent in, I was able to get that freed thinking that was getting the glass maybe stuck, but even still it didn't change anything. I'll try and check the fuse.

Old 11-27-2012, 10:59 AM

Well if it rolls down the fuse is ok, does it just stop or does it groan to a stop like something is in the way? You might have to reset the windows but I am not sure how to do that, I KNOW I have seen a post for that around here somewhere, think it involved holding the switch down for so long then up. Push comes to shove just unhook the battery for a while then hook it back up and see if it works then.

Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM

I'll give the battery thing a try. Yeah, it only comes up about 2 inches and just stops there. No weird noise or nothing.

Old 10-21-2017, 12:06 PM

Hey did you fix this problem ? i have the same problem :/

Old 09-21-2018, 02:23 PM

I have the exact same problem. It just happened today. No noise no nothing. It just goes up a bit and then it goes down automatically. It does not matter what switch I use. Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Old 09-21-2018, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Tim Vorih
Hey did you fix this problem ? i have the same problem :/
Did you fix it?

Old 06-06-2020, 10:43 PM

I also have this same issue. Has anyone figured out a solution?

Old 03-18-2021, 08:09 AM

hi, how did you solved the rear window problem?.

Quick Reply: Rear Passenger Power Window problem