Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Question on Tinting the 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Question on Tinting the 3

[threadjack]

Here's Liam

Name:  Liamhiding.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  67.0 KB

Name:  Liamcrying.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  40.8 KB

Name:  Liambubbles.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  49.7 KB

The waking up at 0200 isn't really a big deal.... I mean I'm a paramedic, I'm used to getting up in the middle of the night, doing something and then going back to sleep again.

[/threadjack]

Old 05-15-2008, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

He's all small, red and bubbly and stuff!!! Are they supposed to look like that???
Liam, huh? As in Neeson, or is this a family name?

Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about the threadjack thing. Though I hope I'm wrong, it seem,s our OP is MIA.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:08 PM

I have a 9 mo old and a 4 yr old so I know what you mean about inconsolable. But it is the coolest thing you will ever do.

Since I work in Winston I am going to try and stop by that shop tomorrow after work. It should only be a 20 minute from where I am.

I have not seen Troy's car around but I will be keeping an eye for it. It's a nice looking piece.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:11 PM

That is exactly how they look right out of the factory. He looks happy and healthy. Enjoy.

Old 05-15-2008, 03:43 PM

thats actually the first new born baby that isnt ugly.. lol.. in my experience, they get cuter when then get a little older, but this one is cute!

Old 05-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

He is kinda' cute, isn't he? Big, darkeyesand all...... Bet Remi had them tinted though. What are they Rem, 25%?

Old 05-15-2008, 04:09 PM

i see 5% lol

Old 05-15-2008, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: virgin1
He's all small, red and bubbly and stuff!!! Are they supposed to look like that???
Liam, huh? As in Neeson, or is this a family name?

Oh, and I wouldn't worry too much about the threadjack thing. Though I hope I'm wrong, it seem,s our OP is MIA.
Yeah they're pretty much all small, red and bubbly.... actually he's a little more yellowy now. Liam isn't a family name per-say, however my father-in-law's name is William, and Liam is the Irish version of that, so kind of.

ORIGINAL: Blk03PSD
I have a 9 mo old and a 4 yr old so I know what you mean about inconsolable. But it is the coolest thing you will ever do.

Since I work in Winston I am going to try and stop by that shop tomorrow after work. It should only be a 20 minute from where I am.

I have not seen Troy's car around but I will be keeping an eye for it. It's a nice looking piece.
Usually he's great, just occasionally at night...... well you know. Where do you work? They have my 3 now, and they're getting our Elantra tomorrow afternoon when the 3 is done.

ORIGINAL: SPeeDy3
thats actually the first new born baby that isnt ugly.. lol.. in my experience, they get cuter when then get a little older, but this one is cute!
Well thank you. It's actually funny because my nephew was obscenly cute and my sister said something very similar. What can I say, I make a cute baby. No tint on the eyes..... at least that's what I'll tell the inspectors. His irises are currently going between gray, blue and brown, though he's likely to end up with brown eyes.

Old 05-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Okay I got both cars back... actually they had about six no shows, so they were both done before noon. This is 40% Johnson ceramic tint from the A-post back, and a 5% windshield strip. Depending on the angle it's very reflective. The pictures of the back and driver's window are what it looks like it bright sunlight, and obviously the side pictures are what it looks like without it. With the black interior it makes it seem much darker than it actually is, and you can definitely see the difference between that and the gray interior on the Elantra. That being said both cars seem pretty reflective. As for the little dot matrix on the sides of some of the windows they said if I wait about a week then I can just start pressing it back against the dots to get it to adhere between them. Apparently wet tint doesn't like doing that.

The funny thing is we weren't getting a windshield strip on my wife's car because it already has the factory bluish strip.... well they did it anyway. We told them we hadn't wanted it and they offered to remove it, or to just leave it and let us have it for free. We took the second choice.

Name:  Tint1.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  135.8 KB

Name:  Tint2.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  105.1 KB

Name:  Tint5.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  102.6 KB

Name:  Tint4.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  114.1 KB

Name:  Tint3.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  136.8 KB

Name:  Tint6.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  120.0 KB

Name:  Tint12.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  82.5 KB

Name:  Tint10.jpg
Size:  73.2 KB

Name:  Tint8.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  Tint7.jpg
Size:  47.0 KB

Name:  Tint11.jpg
Size:  40.6 KB

Name:  Tint9.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  53.7 KB

Old 05-16-2008, 01:30 PM

nicely done.. you cant even tell whether there's a tint or not unless u look close up. but the price u paid is wayyyyy too much imo.

Quick Reply: Question on Tinting the 3