Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Quality Injectors for 06 M3S

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 02:35 PM
Default Quality Injectors for 06 M3S

After diagnosing a hard start down to a leaky injector, I made the mistake of buying cheap replacements. Unfortunately the new ones all leak like a sieve after engine is turned off. (leakdown confirmed)

So I am asking if anyone can personally recommend an injector brand and channel that is not ludicrous. I am almost to the point of just getting 4 from a junked Mazda since the new stuff is garbage.

Car: 2006 Mazda 3 S with California Emissions (Important, cannot be Fed Emissions version which seems to be the standard).

Thanks in advance,
RGAZ

Old 01-09-2021, 11:07 AM

I am not sure why you are having problems we use at the shop and I personally use all different brands from the local NAPA ,AutoZone and APW warehouse and even Rock Auto. I have had some injectors that needed to be warrantied but all in all very few, naturally nothing is perfect .
My suggestion is to perhaps reexamine your method of services them?

You can also have you injectors rebuild from a few very good places.
This one I have used many times for my TRACK and Professional Race cars.
https://www.rcfuelinjection.com/

Last edited by Callisto; 01-09-2021 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-11-2021, 12:00 PM

I bought new replacements from Rock Auto. The choice was limited at the time due to the Calif emissions car, same problem locally here is SC. After install, all 4 fail leak down test with two of them leaking very badly. The install missed the return window due to my need to drive the car.

Before I buy another new set, I am checking for a more quality brand on here.

The problem with the rebuild is the car cannot sit and wait for the turnaround time.

I guess I will see if I can pull a set from the boneyard and have them sent for service.

Thanks for the link, I have seen these guys in the past.

RGAZ

Old 01-11-2021, 05:35 PM

The "new" fuel injectors from Rock Auto are all from quality manufactures. I can not give information as to the quality of the rebuilt ones they offer. Mostly because there is no data chart that goes with the rebuilt ones to actually finished flow rates and ohms. But them only a few rebuilder offer that anyway.

What does seem odd is I can believe getting a single bad "rebuilt" and even a bad "single" new fuel injectors but your posts tends to read like you had many? The odds to probability of that happening to you? It may be something during the replacement overlooked or incorrectly serviced? Just saying, maybe you should review the service procedure again before you replace them again?

Last edited by Callisto; 01-11-2021 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 10:36 AM

Thanks for the input Callisto.

The only issue I noted in the servicing was the clips that hold the injector to the rail did not fit right, so I did not use them. It might be possible that those clips damaged the injector as I tried to put them on? I am guessing that is the only possible case as your feedback made me question if its a quality issue at all.

At this point, I have to replace them no matter what. Probably not even possible to rebuild them if physically damaged, so they are junk.

Thanks again,
RGAZ