Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

power door lock @ 2010 mazda3 i sport (auto))

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 04:57 PM
Default power door lock @ 2010 mazda3 i sport (auto))

Mazda list "automatic door lock(speed-sensitive)" on their webpage for i-sport model. But I do not have this function on my car. Any idea?

Old 09-27-2010, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by GAGAMA
Mazda list "automatic door lock(speed-sensitive)" on their webpage for i-sport model. But I do not have this function on my car. Any idea?
Is your car a 2010 or a 2011 model? I ask because I don't remember seeing that option on the 2010 models. That said, I surely hope the auto locking feature can be disabled; I absolutely hate driving in a car that does that.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:38 PM

I cannot stand that!
The only exception was my Jeep Liberty, it would lock, but when the door was opened it unlocked itself.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:27 AM

I am pretty certain they only offer that standard for 2011 like what shippo said which is what the website is referring to.

my 2010 i touring has that feature, but the door open itself opening from inside, you don't have to unlock the lock before you can open the door. Also as soon as the engine turn off, it automatically unlock. Now my 07 TL, I can disable it easily if I choose to using the car MID feature. I would imagine it can be done too for the Mazda3 S models that has MID. In fact I believe you can have the dealer disable it for free if it annoys you for the i models.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

I know many other '10 owners have mentioned that they were given a personalization card when they bought the car with multiple features that could be turned on/off by the dealer (plugged in through their computer). I think auto-locking was one of the features.... honestly the only other one I can remember off the top of my head is Auto-blinker... basically when you push the turn signal stalk to the first detent (where you normally need to hold it to keep it on) it flashes the signal three times and then turns it off. I played with that feature on a friend's BMW and loved it as it was handy for changing lanes.

The whole idea with the cards was you could get the settings changed once for free after you bought the car. The dealers then turned the cards in to Mazda who presumably used them to define the default settings for subsequent cars. Anyway I'd go ask your dealer about the cards and see if there are any other settings available on the 3i that you can have changed.

-----
-----

Okay just read over on another forum that the auto-lock is a user changeable setting. Look at page 3-37 of your owners manual.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Okay went looking and found a list of the other personalization options. Bear in mind this is from when the '10 first came out in the fall of 2009.

I don't own one yet, but I was reading through the manual and saw the features that the dealer can personalize...

Auto headlight on/off:
The headlight illumination on/off timing based on the surrounding lightness/darkness can be changed.
Default: 2000―4000 lx
Change: 1000―2000 lx

Turn indicator volume:
Beep volume level can be changed
Default: High
Change: Low/Deactivated

Key reminder alarm:
The volume of the key reminder warning alarm can be changed.
Change: Low

Lights-on reminder:
The volume of the lights-on reminder warning alarm can be changed.
Change: Low/Deactivated

Illumination entry:
The time required for the interior lamp to turnoff automatically after all doors are closed can be changed.
Default: 15 seconds
Change: 7.5/30/60 seconds

The function allowing the interior lamp to illuminate automatically when the ignition is switched off can be deactivated.
Default: Activated
Change: Deactivated

The function allowing the interior lamp to illuminate automatically when the doors are unlocked can be deactivated.

The time required for the interior lamp to turn off automatically can be changed (prevents battery depletion when a door is open/ajar). \
Default: 30 minutes
Change: 10 minutes

The time required for the interior lamp to illuminate after unlocking any door can be changed.
Default: 30 seconds
Change: 7.5/15/60 seconds

The function allowing the interior lamp to turn off automatically when any door is opened (or not securely closed) can be changed.

Smart turn
The function allowing the turn signal lights to flash three times with a momentary turn switch operation (when changing lanes) can be activated.
Default: Deactivated
Change: Activated

Although this is an information post for those who don't know that this can be done, why in the hell did they not activate the "Smart Turn" feature from the factory? It's electronic and doesn't take any extra time. I guess I think its a nice feature to have (Volvo's, Bimmers, etc have this feature standard, and so could the 3). I guess it just put me in a bad mood to see that it wasn't activated from the factory. When I trade up, I'll make sure to change mine

Old 09-28-2010, 10:59 PM

I can confirm about the personalization card, I still have the card with me. Just haven't decided if I wanted to change anything since nothing has really annoy me yet. Only had mine for 2 months so far going into 3rd month.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Just found that they only offer power locks for 2011 isport, did not realize that before the purchase.

Originally Posted by petroxg
I am pretty certain they only offer that standard for 2011 like what shippo said which is what the website is referring to.

my 2010 i touring has that feature, but the door open itself opening from inside, you don't have to unlock the lock before you can open the door. Also as soon as the engine turn off, it automatically unlock. Now my 07 TL, I can disable it easily if I choose to using the car MID feature. I would imagine it can be done too for the Mazda3 S models that has MID. In fact I believe you can have the dealer disable it for free if it annoys you for the i models.