Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

part fitment help

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:14 PM
Default part fitment help

so guys im new to the mazda 3 game, i have a focus and know what year's parts wont interchange. so heres the issue, looking on ebay first off seems like they make no oem looking grills without the chrome for an 07, im also looking at getting the bumper lights that replace the reflectors but they all say 04-06 for the ones on the back. ive found the ones on the side. any help is appreciated

Old 03-29-2010, 10:20 PM

first off let me make sure you know that depending on what year focus you have no parts will interchange and that would be the older years, if you have a new focus which is a mazda block and ford head u can only swap bottom end parts. Now that you know that, ill look around for ya but in the mean time ill search around, i thought that the reflectors would swap since the bolt patterns are the same for the older year bumpers

Old 03-30-2010, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator

If I understand correctly, you have a Mazda3 now, right?

If so, the rear reflectors will fit all '04-'09 cars.

But the grill and how it attach's to the car was changed with the face lift models starting in '07, so nothing older will fit... at least not w/o a lot of modification. Also, the sedans and HB models are completely different and have never interchanged. I think the grill on the '07^ HB is now part of the front bumper cover? Or maybe only part of the grill assem. I'm not really sure.

Old 03-30-2010, 04:39 AM

i have an 05 focus with the 2.0 duratec so i know thats the block the 3 uses (just for the record, stock for stock the mazda 3 would kick the dog poop out of my focus), but i still have a factory warrenty so im not worried about that yet. actually my focus is the one with the bottom end that needs to be replaced. piston slap like you wouldnt believe. im talking more cosmetic than anything. also interested in lug paterns. what other mazdas have the lug pattern i have?? im thinking about finding some rx8 wheels. so really the only thing im interested in at the moment are drop springs, wheels, the reflectors yall told me about and the grill. i think im keeping stock bodywork and just going with a lip kit.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure the Mazda wheels will fit. Most newer models use a fairly deep offset though, from +52 to +60mm, but they all use the 5x114.3 lug pattern. As far as I know that's what the Focus also uses... but you might want to research that to be sure.

I warn you though, RX8 wheels are (IMO) VERY HEAVY!!! They weigh in @ approx 24lbs ea. That will NOT do anything (good) for the performance of your Focus, I assure you.

I like the idea of a simple lip. Often these AM companies that sell body kits go way over the top. They look gaudy and overdone (re: ridiculous), especially for a DD, and often don't fit very well either. Most will tell you that their kit "may need" a little "massaging" to fit correctly. Translation: $$$$, or lots o' your own time/effort.
Plus, if you get into a wreck, chances of getting the $$ back for the kit, or even being able to find pieces that fit will be difficult.
Naw, you got it right, imo. Stay fairly simple. Personalize the car to your tastes, but don't overdo it.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:40 AM

lol no the focus is 4x108, im looking for rims for the mazda. i dont really care about heavy. itd be nice to get a light, cheap, good looking set of rims but i dont exactly know how thatd go. i have thought about getting spindles from a mazda 3 and seeing if they would fit on the focus, get the wheels and ms3 brakes. itd be a huge upgrade