Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Paint Issues on the 3 Getting Fixed

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Default Paint Issues on the 3 Getting Fixed

Hopefully.
Now for the issues.
Did a complete walk around the car before purchase, it was light out and there was some Bird crap near the antennae but no marks or scratches anywhere else. Go in to do the paperwork and they took the car to get it cleaned up. Come out and the car is there and the Bird Crap is still on the roof (nice clean-up job hey).
Next day go out to wash the crap off of the roof and notice some scratches on the drivers A Pillar, down to the primer, scratches on the hood and after cleaning the Bird Crap off a spot down to the primer on the roof and 1 into the Clear badly.
Looks like the dealerused chains or rocks on it, the scratches were on every panel.
Took it to the Dealer and they had a touch-up guy come in and fix it................Not.
Now the car has massive swirl marks in it, and the spot on roof was never touched and the Clear on the A pillar was polished though into the base coat.
Now I think the car should at least re-cleared, but truthfully think it should be completely repainted.
At least Iwasable to drive a CX-7 on the first time it went in for the repair on the repair, nice but even with the Turbo I didn't feel it would keep up with the 3 (I know I would kill it in the Corners LOL), and the Ambient temp on that is an option.
Now I am driving a Mazda 6 I, not the too bad either, but I really am missing my 3 already[sm=sigh.gif]

Old 03-21-2008, 05:57 PM
Default RE: Paint Issues on the 3 Getting Fixed

They are going to polish the car to remove the swirls and paint the roof, almost $600 in damage by a touch up guy and a bird.
Now if the swirls are gone and it still has clear on it I should be OK (not on the hood since it already has hazy spots in it like the clear is gone).

Old 03-21-2008, 06:01 PM

pigeons had a gang fight on ur car with knives and chains???

Old 03-21-2008, 06:05 PM

The Dealers clean up crew, pay someone 6 bucks and hour and that is what happens.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:03 PM

good luck with that, once you sign the line......... wipe the grease from you bunghole (if they were nice enough to use it!!!!) Your gunna eat the costs yourself.

Old 03-25-2008, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Not necessarily.If it happened@ the dealer and it sounds like Kendid a better inspection before accepting than I did w/mine, they are liable to eat the costs... and hire a new lot guy too.

Old 03-25-2008, 08:04 PM

A negative of them polishing out thescratches is that they are reducing the thickness of the top clear coat. Hopefully they will REALLY paint your roof (not just blob touch up paint in, and polish it).

I had paint issues with mine right after I drove it off the lot (two areas of tiny paint chips down to the primer), it took over a month of persistence and multiple drop offs at the dealership.Finally after a conversation with a part owner, they brought in a true professional paint person, who sprayed the 2 problem areas, and coveredthem with a new layer of clear coat. If I really, really, really look in perfect light, I can see it was done, but otherwise it looks fantastic - worth the fight, and I have not been back to the dealer where I bought it since. In thenew buyersurvey, I sent in a vicious, scathing critique of the dealer, I'm surprised (a little) that no one followed up with me.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:21 PM

We have a 2007 GT Sedan in metallic white, after it had been on the road for 2 months in a Canadain winter small beige marks began to show on the lower body panels. The dealer said it was brake dust, and acid washed the car, the beige spots remained, the complaint was raised again at the next service, they washed it again. During this past winter the car was driven to Florida, were it was washed, cleaned, waxed, and polished using Meguirs products. The beige spots are still there, even on the plastic parts. I recieved information from a good source that this is the metallic particles in the paint RUSTING! We had a 2004 Mazda 3 with no such problems. I am about to confront the dealer again. this is a $30,000.00 car in Canada.