Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Default RE: Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter

It's tempting......

Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 AM

haha dude it would never work anyway, well atleast it would be alot more than just swappin blocks, u thought i was serious?

Old 01-06-2009, 01:56 AM

At first yea. Then I got my head out of my *** and realized that a 2.0 block would never fit on a 2.3......Very smooth Tracker....Very smooth. Now for something ACTUALLY useful.....lol Is there any other way to do this? I found a drain plug that allows the temp sending unit to be screwed into it. Only problem is, is that it was for a VW. Would anyone mind helping me look for one of these? That goes for you too Tracker, if you try not to give me one for a Peon (neon).

Old 01-06-2009, 02:06 AM

haha darn so close , as for that little item you are talkin about it seems kinda sketch to me. i nvr mix and match parts from another car reguardless if it fits, ill look into for ya but to be honest i wouldnt have the slightest idea where to start other than to troll around on mazdas247.com.

maybe also try typing "oil pressure plug" or something like that in ebay

Old 01-06-2009, 09:23 PM

Tracker!! You're trying to convince him to:

A) replace his entire motor and potentially be without transportation during the ordeal, just to set up an oil temperature gauge, and

B) replace it (the 2.3) with one that's less powerful (the 2.0)?

Not to shoot anyone down, but I can't possibly see the logic in that, unless you're trying to sucker him out of a better motor. Hope you won't ban me for calling you out on this lol.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:28 PM

HAH! nevermind. I didn't see the second page. Still. Trying to trick some dude out of his 2.3. [sm=nono.gif] lol.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Scott, convert!! http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2869
It"s an easy and cheap mod. As soon as I do my oil one more time (I have one more 2.3L filter in the house) I"ll be converting to the spin-on too. Then get your sandwich. I"ll have a ham and swiss on seeded rye... w/hot mustard.
www.Mazdastuff.com^ ^ ^, a sponsor here and known as Mazda South here in Austin, has the best price I have seen.

Old 01-06-2009, 11:37 PM

i still like my idea of swappin motors :P, haha jk but like rich said its just much easier to just convert.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: virgin1

Scott, convert!! http://www.mazdastuff.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2869
It"s an easy and cheap mod. As soon as I do my oil one more time (I have one more 2.3L filter in the house) I"ll be converting to the spin-on too. Then get your sandwich. I"ll have a ham and swiss on seeded rye... w/hot mustard.
www.Mazdastuff.com^ ^ ^, a sponsor here and known as Mazda South here in Austin, has the best price I have seen.
Thank you Richard. Appreciate the help with the link.........Smartass.........Haha jk

Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 AM
Super Moderator

Ah, yeah, but it was an after-thought. (re: Smartass) Jokes are better when they are immediate, even old ones like that. I MUST be slippin'.
LED eyebrows are going in today... finally. I found an unused switched power source, got some plug in connectors from the RC car worldand an in-line fuse holder for a 1.5Amp fuse. Me thinks I am finally ready..... Picturesto follow.

Quick Reply: Oil Filter Sandwich Adapter