Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

New to Mazda

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Default New to Mazda

So I have been looking for a new(ish) car and I think I have settled on the Mazda3 HB. Looking for one 3-5 yrs old. Will fit a few kids if necessary, has decent MPG (I commuter 100 miles per day) and has a bit of pep as well. I am currently driving a 94 Celica that I would guess is pushing around 95-100 HP now (poor old girl... almost 400K miles!). So here's my question... Should I get a Mazda3?? Pros? Cons? What’s everyone’s thoughts? Love to hear from people as this would be my 1st venture into Mazda. Always had Toyotas. Thanks in advance!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by El Jefe 951
So I have been looking for a new(ish) car and I think I have settled on the Mazda3 HB. Looking for one 3-5 yrs old. Will fit a few kids if necessary, has decent MPG (I commuter 100 miles per day) and has a bit of pep as well. I am currently driving a 94 Celica that I would guess is pushing around 95-100 HP now (poor old girl... almost 400K miles!). So here's my question... Should I get a Mazda3?? Pros? Cons? What’s everyone’s thoughts? Love to hear from people as this would be my 1st venture into Mazda. Always had Toyotas. Thanks in advance!
Oooh... Is a "MS3 Speed" an option? If so go for it! They are awesome cars, really big community as well. IMO a great choice, Alot of bang for your buck. You get space, power, reliability (even if modified), great gas mileage, and looks great. The regular Mazda3's are nice too. Pretty much the same w/o the xtra power. I'd get a Speed, if it was me. I've seen everything from stock to, 400+ HP w/ meth injections, built to take 800hp. Great car all around.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:23 AM

I've checked out the Speed3 and I agree.. it looks AWESOME.. my only problem is that I would be buying used and guess who drives Speed3's?!?! PEOPLE LIKE ME!!! I would guess the miles on the used Speed3 would be HARD miles... its my only fear!

Old 08-02-2013, 03:36 PM

I've checked out the Speed3 and I agree.. it looks AWESOME.. my only problem is that I would be buying used and guess who drives Speed3's?!?! PEOPLE LIKE ME!!! I would guess the miles on the used Speed3 would be HARD miles... its my only fear!
Not necessarily, I know ALOT of great owners. It's all about being diligent. I know there are alot of "kids" and self proclaimed "tuners" out there. But, alot of the spd3 owners I know, take care of they're cars and if there was an issue they would let you know i in Advance. They put alot of time in and know the car in and out. Your Best bet is to go with an unmolested one or one that has been properly modified, with paperwork from reputable places. Talk to some speed3 owners on the forum and see what are Common issues and things to look out for.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:16 PM

Is that an RX-8 I see in your profile pic Able? Looks nice! My dad had one for years (an 07 or 08 I think). My wife and I borrowed it once for a trip to Vegas. I know... sounds sad for a 37 yr old to borrow his dad's car, but let’s face it... the RX-8 was a hell of a lot better to drive to Vegas than our minivan filled with car seats! Anyways, it was a great drive. Got it up to 120 before the wife woke up. I found it a bit slow off the line, but it was an automatic, so I'll chalk it up to that. Thank for the info on the Speed3 and I'll keep looking!

Old 08-02-2013, 06:14 PM

Is that an RX-8 I see in your profile pic Able? Looks nice! My dad had one for years (an 07 or 08 I think). My wife and I borrowed it once for a trip to Vegas. I know... sounds sad for a 37 yr old to borrow his dad's car, but let’s face it... the RX-8 was a hell of a lot better to drive to Vegas than our minivan filled with car seats! Anyways, it was a great drive. Got it up to 120 before the wife woke up. I found it a bit slow off the line, but it was an automatic, so I'll chalk it up to that. Thank for the info on the Speed3 and I'll keep looking!
Yea, I LOVE my 8 !!! it was a car I always wanted ... Here are a few pics

Attached Thumbnails New to Mazda-image-1677129188.jpg   New to Mazda-image-1969703569.jpg   New to Mazda-image-880141122.jpg   New to Mazda-image-3206674379.jpg  

Last edited by Ableobject; 08-02-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:18 AM

NICE! As my dad used to say... ."That'll get you to work and back!" Well after a conversation with the wife I think I have settled on the 3 HB. I'll poke around for a good Speed3, but if not a manual 3 will be a SERIOUS upgrade to my poor little Celica. Thanks for the help and i'll post once I find my new baby!

Old 08-05-2013, 11:26 AM

NICE! As my dad used to say... ."That'll get you to work and back!" Well after a conversation with the wife I think I have settled on the 3 HB. I'll poke around for a good Speed3, but if not a manual 3 will be a SERIOUS upgrade to my poor little Celica. Thanks for the help and i'll post once I find my new baby!
Awesome! Can't wait to see it!

Old 08-13-2013, 10:14 AM

Pulled the trigger. Picked up a 07 Mazda3 HB. Nice little car! I'll post some pics later when I take some decent ones. FUN little car to drive so far! Thanks for the info!