Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

New Mazda 3 owner!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 12:34 AM
Default New Mazda 3 owner!!!!

What's up everyone?

Well, I just bought my first Mazda last Saturday. I ended up buying the 2006 Mazda 3. I got mine in the Titainium Grey color w/the automatic tranny (with sport shift of course). I love the car so far!!! It is a big change from my 2000 Blazer too. Now my biggest thing after reading the manual and a few other sites and books is where do I begin with some of the fun I want to have?

The first thing I want to do is install a new sound system. I am not looking to pack 4 12's in the 3 or anything, but I am looking for good quality bass (maybe a couple of 10's, along with decent component speakers). My biggest concern is with the dash though. Do they have a dash trim kit to fit the 3? With the triangular shaped dash plates, I was wondering if this is something I would have to get custom. I don't have a problem with stereo installation in general, but I have never had to customize a dash panel. If anyone has any websites that sell them, I would greatly apprieciate you posting them.

My second thing I want to do is exterior lighting. I am just not sure what color neons work well with Ti Grey. With my Blazer it was simple because it was white. I know most of the obvious choices out there are red, blue, green and purple; but I am not sure which would look best with Grey. Let me know what your opinions are. Personally, I am kinda leaning towards the blue because everyone around here seems to have either red or green.

Well, I think I have posted a great deal for my first time......I am just happy to finally own my own 3.

Paul

Old 03-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Default RE: New Mazda 3 owner!!!!

congrats on the new 3, I have the same color as you, very nice indeed. In regards to the stereo installation, what do you mean triangular shaped dash plates, do you have a picture, becuase there is nothing on the center area that is a triangle shape. Crutchfield does have a dash kit for the 3, it is $24.99 or free if you buy a stereo from them. for the neon, i would go with blue, that would look nice against the color of the color really well. i have not done anything to my car yet except paint the badges on the back of the car and rearrange them, i painted them a gloss black instead of the silver they come in, i also painted the engine cover/battry cover/battery duct a nice gloss black.

Old 03-08-2006, 01:11 PM

Michael,

You said Crutchfield sells a dash kit for $24.99 but when I go to their site, it says there is nothing that fits the 2006 Mazda 3 Sedan because they haven't researched it yet. Same goes for the 2005 but it does have items that direct fit for the 2004. I don't know what the 2004 dash looks like compared to the 2006. I'd love to put a DVD player in that I CAN ACTUALLY watch movies on while I'm on long trips and mostly for my girlfriend on the passenger side. With the unique dash I don't see how that's possible. Do you know anything about that? Any pics of what it would like with an aftermarket DVD player?

I have a 2006 Mazda 3s GT Sedan with Bose and without Navigation.

Thanks,
Jason

Old 03-09-2006, 04:18 PM

I just went to Crutchfields website and when I put in the information for your car, it does not show anything for kits/harnesses for installation, that is why you cant find anything. in regards to dash in your car, i dont know if it is different in any way from the cars w/non-Bose stereos so i cant say. here is a picture of the dash mount kit they sell for model years 2004-up, i would assume this would fit in your car, as long and the headunit you get is a single din size (most imports are) chevy/GMC/Ford normally use double din receivers. Later this evening i will post a pic of my dash, compare it to yours and see if they look different in any way, or take a look at the dealership and compare cars on the lot.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2492/261180BE10F54F1DB21A7D1246307FE9.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-09-2006, 04:57 PM

Michael,

That'd be perfect man. Please do that (take the pic of your dash and post) and I'll do the same.

Jason

Old 03-10-2006, 10:09 AM

Jasonapr78, here is a picture of my dash. My car is the 3i, stock, non-Bose no navigation. compare yours to mine, I am pretty sure the dash is the same in all "3" models, it actually looks a little different in the "6"

[IMG]local://upfiles/2492/6AA0779D97364B6F8CF9BCABDCB107DF.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-11-2006, 02:59 AM

You might want to becareful with changing out your stock system since its bose. You're gonna have to replace everything at once, you cant just change one part then the other later. Its how the manufacturer gets you to go back to them if you blow a speaker. The stock player is the same since 04'

Im puttin in 2 12" from elementaldesigns.com with their 9.2x amp, and JL Audio 300/4 amp and full JL system, with components infront. My 12's handle 600 watts RMS. All pushed with the Eclipse CD8053, COMPETITION BABY!. What'chu 'bout to put in?

Old 03-11-2006, 11:31 AM

i am not changing my system out, I had my time with stereos systems that will blow your ears out, trust me on that, plus with my son riding in the car everyday, i cant really have that. the stock system works fine, but i would like to change out my door speakers to something different, some 2 or 3-way speakers would be good so i get crisper highs/mids and deeper lows.

Old 03-11-2006, 06:24 PM

The reason I'm asking is because I want to put in a DVD player. With the unique set-up I'm not sure if it's possible. I have the Bose with no navigation...it's the '06 SGT Sedan. What did you mean you have to replace everything? Are you saying you can't just put in a DVD player??

Old 03-12-2006, 12:04 AM

As far as my understanding yes, you cant when it comes to Bose. You're gonna have to get the nav. unit from the dealer. Or replace the whole thing, the reason you cant is because the stock bose amp wont work with other things. BUT i've heard from people, that theres a bypass for it. ask a best buy representative or sumthin. I havent been buyin audio magazines in the last year

Quick Reply: New Mazda 3 owner!!!!