Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

New ipod module displays text

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Default New ipod module displays text

I just learned last night about a new ipod integration module being offered by DICE electronics. The new module connects to the HU and emulates a satellite radio and will display ID3 tag information on the stereo's LCD. It has the normal ipod integration features:

-connects through the dock connector
-charges the ipod
-lets you control the ipod from the stereo controls
-provides a 3.5mm auxiliary input for other devices

So far they've tested them in the 3/6/CX-7 as new as 2007, which is an improvement over the AXXESS which won't work on '07+ models. It's priced at $159 (the same price as the standard DICE module) which is a little higher than the audiolink, but with more capablities, and lower than the AXXESS, but with better compatability. Since it's connecting as a satellite receiver it's only compatable with HU's that have the "SAT" button (sorry '04 owners, you're out of luck unless you get a new HU).

Check my audio input thread for details.

Old 12-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New ipod module displays text

You AREthe DOCTOR, Dude!! Makes me almost wish I were in the market for one of these.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:25 AM

Wow, that Dice adapter is pretty boss especially with the cradle you can get for it.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah this one seems like a good combination of the audiolink and the axxess (function-wise). Adam at DICE has been really helpful in answering people's questions too. Incidentally the cradle will work with any of the ipod integration modules to provide the video output..... the trick is making sure the screen isn't locked at all times or what's the point.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:34 AM

Sounds great... will it work on an 08 Mazda 3?

Old 01-06-2008, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Kuth

Sounds great... will it work on an 08 Mazda 3?
That it does. Check this discussion thread about it. Several members volunteered to be beta testers to try it out with different y/m and options.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:13 PM

any ideas of where u can go for installation help? physically not internet direction wise.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:30 PM

Well thats just great spots, what about us 04 mazda3 owners. You never bring us any good news. LOL

Old 01-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: WarDogsOfNam

Well thats just great spots, what about us 04 mazda3 owners. You never bring us any good news. LOL
Well if you find a '05 HU with the SAT button then it will work just fine for you.

any ideas of where u can go for installation help? physically not internet direction wise.
Well first off where are you located? Once we determine that we could see if there are any forum members near you who could help you out. I personally would never spend any money to have somthing like this installed. Literally you need a screwdriver and five minutes to remove: the dashstrip, the HU, the section above the vents (doesn't need to be removed, but just illustrating), the ashtray, and the cupholders. That basically covers installing the box and any possible place you could want the wires to run to. I know you don't want internet directions, but if it comes down to it call me and I'll walk you through it on the phone.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:38 PM

i live in SD, CA. bu yea im pretty sure i can do it, it just sketches me out messing around with that kind of stuff because i allways end up breaking a clip or something then everything ends up being loose and not how it was before haha.

Quick Reply: New ipod module displays text