Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

New 30% tint on my Mazda!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: New 30% tint on my Mazda!

ORIGINAL: WarDogsOfNam

50 % front winshield

5% charcoal limo all the way around

very warm here in FLA. and have a black car
Only "warm," Gracie?
Why would anybody that lives in 'Fla, or here for that matter, buy ablack car?
I owned one black car when I still lived inPa. and swore I wouldnever buy another.

On the other subject (and off-topic here) did you try the Scratch-off or buffing out the scratches in your hood?

Old 02-08-2008, 07:10 PM

With the 20% on the 150 I need to roll the windows down to back into my garage, and with 5% over the Factory tint the rest of the way you don't do much looking out the other windows at night [8D]

Old 02-08-2008, 08:56 PM

WarDogs, wow....you really don't want anyone looking at you do you? You're supposed to see out your car when you're driving it you know! That's insane.

Old 02-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Super Moderator

WHAT??? Are U drunk?

Old 02-08-2008, 09:34 PM

that richard would be the king. he is back. ****

Old 02-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Not for long, I imagine.
If he doesn't get tired of it and go away on his own, I'm sure the mods/admin will be more than happy to delete the account... again.
This jerk has nothing better to do....? 29 posts of total sh*t.

Old 02-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Lev

Sizzlin07, if you lived in South Florida youwould understand whyhe put those tints on. Basically every car down there have these dark tints because the sun is soooooo strong.When i lived down there, my brother and i did a little test before he put those tints on his black jetta. We put a thermometer in his car, and the temp in his car reached 120F!!!!! Also, really dark tints look awesome on black cars.Post some pics of your tints. If I still lived down there i would have put dark tints on my car, but nowI live in NY, and i like how the sun warms my car up in the winter. Also,I live in the country, and the cops have nothing else to do but pull people over. I have 4 different cops to worry about that patrol this tiny, countryarea. Two different town cops, university cops that can pull you over when you're around the school, and worst of all, because you cannot plea bargain tolower aticket anymore (Thanks NY), are the NYS Troopers.The tints would give them all the more reason to pull me over, andI have enough tickets and points as it is thanks to my beautifully engineered3 .

Old 02-09-2008, 08:12 PM

.....k, my bad?

Old 02-09-2008, 09:58 PM

here is what my 3 looks like with 5% on the back windows (as per TX laws as long as you have two outside mirrors).

Name:  maz4.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  98.8 KB

Old 02-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Super Moderator

Ah, 'got bad news foryou bkey. Your tint is just as illegal as mine, and mine was installed by the dealer.
The DPS pulled me over for exactly that tint. After some checking I discovred that there are two sets of laws here in TX regarding tint. Inspection laws and you're legal for that one, and "driving" laws, what the cops look at.

TX driving laws state that ANY passenger window must have at least a 25% pass through. That leaves only the little triangle window and the backlight on yours that are OK.
You're also supposed to have manufacturer's stickers between the glass and the tint indicating what kind/level of tint it is and that it has been DOT approved for use in automobiles.
Can you believe that?
I'll see if I can again find it on the web and link you to it. I printed it out several years ago and it's in my glove compartment.

Quick Reply: New 30% tint on my Mazda!