Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

new 2011 mazda 3 i sport.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Default new 2011 mazda 3 i sport.

i just got the 2.0 mazda 3 i sport . and i wanted to know if there are any after market parts for the speed 3 that can be used or what types i can use. im new to everything including this site so bare with me please. its my first car EVER lol. i also wanted to know which lowering springs are good for this car. im looking for a 1 1/2 inch drop at most nothing crazy. i will have 17x7 inch rims on it by next week if that helps by any chance. thanx

Last edited by ghostmazda3; 04-17-2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by ghostmazda3
i just got the 2.0 mazda 3 i sport . and i wanted to know if there are any after market parts for the speed 3 that can be used or what types i can use. im new to everything including this site so bare with me please. its my first car EVER lol. i also wanted to know which lowering springs are good for this car. im looking for a 1 1/2 inch drop at most nothing crazy. i will have 17x7 inch rims on it by next week if that helps by any chance. thanx
Congrats and good choice on the new car Ghostmazda. I know the mazda speed suspension stuff will fit on your car but actual aftermarket mazda speed performance stuff I don't know about because I am sure it is tuned and made for the turbo 2.3.

I do know Injen makes a CAI that works on your car. also there are a few short rams out there most notably Cork sport and simota. Also cork sport and racing beat makes exhaust systems for your car.

Now for the lowering springs they haven't changed much at all from gen 1 to gen 2 mz3's so you can use any of them. I personally went with the H&R's and liked them before I ended up getting coilovers. I think the drop was 1.6 front and 1.9 rear but I didn't actually measure it before hand. Also Eibach makes two different sets the pro kit which I believe is 1.2 all around and the sportlines which are close to 2 inches all around both are great springs with a great ride even on stock struts. Speaking of stock struts you will be able to use them but they will wear a lot faster then normal. Koni yellow shocks and struts are the popular replacements for stock. I have not used them but they get great reviews.

Anyways hopefully that helps and if you have anymore questions feel free to ask. I am in the middle of modding my 2.5l and my buddy has a 2.0 so we are always looking for and trying new things. The aftermarket for our gen car is still growing and things are still being tested so always read as many reviews as you can before pulling the trigger

Old 04-18-2011, 02:41 PM

thanx jayc057. that was definitely a lot of help. i had no idea that the stock shocks would wear out quicker . man i thought i can just get the springs. lol. there is no easy way out i see. ill hold off on installing the springs until i can get a full set of shocks also. ill continue to just set up the sound system till then : ). thanx again. and i will definitely be asking more question lolol.

Old 04-18-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by ghostmazda3
thanx jayc057. that was definitely a lot of help. i had no idea that the stock shocks would wear out quicker . man i thought i can just get the springs. lol. there is no easy way out i see. ill hold off on installing the springs until i can get a full set of shocks also. ill continue to just set up the sound system till then : ). thanx again. and i will definitely be asking more question lolol.

don't get me wrong you can use the stocks and if it is a mild drop it might last a good long time. I put my springs on without changing anything while I saved up for coilovers and it worked out good just had to do the work twice lol.

anyways you should post some pics of the mazda especially after you get you rims put on

Old 04-20-2011, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by jayc057
don't get me wrong you can use the stocks and if it is a mild drop it might last a good long time. I put my springs on without changing anything while I saved up for coilovers and it worked out good just had to do the work twice lol.

anyways you should post some pics of the mazda especially after you get you rims put on

ooo ok. thanx again. the rims should be here between the 22nd and 26th i cant wait. right after i put them on i will be posting pics while the car is still clean lolol. ima going to try the springs with stock shocks first and see how long they last while i save for shocks just incase lol. later