Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

Need some convincing...

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 04:27 AM
Default Need some convincing...

Greetings Mazda owners:

I'm a big time noobie when it comes to Mazdas let alone cars in general, but i'm really pushing my parents (i'm 17) to buy me a Mazda 3. May you guys share your experiences with your Mazda 3 and is it reliable? The last thing we all want is a car crapping out on us. Thank you, everyone.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:29 AM
Default RE: Need some convincing...

Mine has been very reliable (over 28,000 trouble free mile so far.) I have the 3i (a sensible choice for a high-schooler) and get anywhere from 29-34 mpg. (I drive with a heavy foot, so you don't have to drive like a turd to get this kind of mileage.) If you don't go crazy with the options, you can get one of these very affordably. I don't think there is a better car in this vehicle segment when you balance price/performance.

I drove a $700 1984 Cavalier hatchback in High School that I had to pay for myself (insurance included.) Good luck with the negotiations.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:38 PM

The Mazda3 is pretty much dominating it's compact sports calss. The cars in order from best seeling to worst are. Toyota Corolla, Mazda3, Honda Fit, Ford Focus, and Chevy Cobalt. The corolla is only winnnig because the model line has been out longer so people have buyer loyalty but the Mazda3 is actually the most comfortably equipped car in that class.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

Real quick. You're asking people's opinions on..... a mazda forum. I concur that as a teenager in highschool you should probably lean towards the 3i. Partly for just that slightly nearly inperceptible amount of power difference. Maybe that will keep you driving like an idiot. Not pointing figures, but I used to be a teenager too.

On the other hand if you plan on this being your car for awhile the hatchback might be useful when, say, going to college. Like someone said you can find the sedans resonably well equipped for not too much. Happy hunting, and we're all really to answer whatever questions you throw at us.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:23 PM

Thanks everyone for the info, and i'm sure my parents will buy me this great car.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:34 PM

hope you will get your 3 soon, its a great car, which one are you planning to get...the sedan or hatch?

Old 06-13-2006, 11:26 PM

i plan on getting the sedan if that's alright with everyone [sm=smiley14.gif]

Old 06-13-2006, 11:45 PM

no its not alright you will get the hatch and like it, wait....i have a sedan

Old 06-14-2006, 12:23 AM

sedans!! whooo. hahah.

I have the 3i and i like it alot. plenty of room, looks sporty, I can go on with it. The only thing that isnt working for me is the 4 speed auto. I wish I went with the 3s. Oh well its my first car. I was in your position too last year. I was getting a car and wanted the mazda6. I ended up getting the 3, cant complain its a free car. NOW, I LOVE IT!! Its a really fun car to drive. Good luck convincing you parents, make sure you mention the great gas mileage you can get with this car =)

Old 06-14-2006, 01:25 AM

Get the stick and save yourself (your parents) $800. Less expensive, better performance and better mileage.

Quick Reply: Need some convincing...