Mazda3 Offered in both a sedan and wagon, this sporty model offers a great car for the family, as well a fun track car.

NEED HELP on replacing the black plastic piece that hold the fog light in place!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Default NEED HELP on replacing the black plastic piece that hold the fog light in place!!

hey everyone.. i haven't been on this site for a while now, so i figure to get back on it since i have encountered some issues on areas around the bumper..

i must say mazda 3 bumper are very durable... i've hit a tire tread going at a very high speed, and another time where a baby animal randomly ran onto the highway which also hit my front bumper. I thought my bumper would of cracked from the impact, but it is still good...

HOWEVER, my fog lights are pushed into the bumper.. the fog light is fine, but the black piece that holds the light in place is broken....

i am not about to change the whole front cuz the bumper is still good... so i was wonderinf if anyone know where i can buy the black plastic piece to replace the broken one... the fog light is fine but the black is not!

if someone know where please letme know! i will gladly appreciate it.. i dont want to drive around with my fog light punched back into the bumper thansk!

Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: NEED HELP on replacing the black plastic piece that hold the fog light in place!!

Ellen,
It has been a while.
As I remember correctly, that piece is connected to the back of the bumper cover via 3 self-tapping bolts and the actual fog light assem to that. Are you sure the mounting surround (for lack of a better description) is actually damaged and that it just didn"t pull out of the plastic bumper cover?
You"d need to @ least pull the front part of the splash pan off, the short, widepiece of it right under the bumper,to check that.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Default RE: NEED HELP on replacing the black plastic piece that hold the fog light in place!!

yea take ur wheel off and unscrew the tabs. bend the plastic away and you shouldhave access to the inside of your bumper ie. behind the foglight.mabe u can just push it back out from inside? sounds like it just got wedged in.

Old 11-08-2008, 07:57 PM

If you find you can't save it, and replacing it is the only option, you should be able to get one at any Mazda dealer parts department.
Bob.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator

Or your local auto salvage yard....

Old 11-11-2008, 12:22 PM

Hey Virgin! yes it's been a while... how's the car? and you are right about where that black piece is located. sorry for my poor description.

Actually, the fog light did not crack or anything, but it snapped the black plastic piece out. I really just need access to the back of the bumper so i can replace the broken piece. i think i might have to get it online or something because i dont think there is a salvage yard around this area i'm in.

maybe i should put a picture up to show you guys..

i have no clue what this part is call, so it is difficult to find this piece online.. would it be possible for someone to link me this part please? if so i would appreciate it!

Old 11-11-2008, 01:16 PM

Heres all that I could find to help you Ellen.

http://www.thefind.com/query.php?que...acement+pieces

Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Good find Scott (no pun intended) but expensive.
Y'know Ellen, if youget the fog light and other pieces out then take it to a local body shop, they may be able to plastic weld it for you for little or no money... if you treat them right. (<<< I"m just kidding....)If it"s the mounting surface or arm that broken they may be able to fix it stronger than new.
From Wilkipedia:

Plastic welding rod
This is the extruded rod that is used to weld plastic. Suitable rod materials include ABS, PVC, Polypropylene, polyethylene, and many other types of thermoplastic. Plastic welding rod is available in a wide range of colors to match a project's color.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:35 PM

Thank you Richard. I'm not positive on this, but doesn't J.B Weld make a plastic weld in a tube like they do for most of the other types of "materials?" Sorry, couldn't think of the correct term for it.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:41 PM

haha if i treat them right huh! =D anyway, i just haven't had the time to actually go under my car probably i will do it during my thanksgiving break. thank you guys for giving me this info...

Quick Reply: NEED HELP on replacing the black plastic piece that hold the fog light in place!!